Not enough people getting married. (1 Viewer)

firehose

HSC
^
which is what happens in Middle Eastern countries. No marriage rate/birth rate problem there...

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Generator said:

If for some reason my point still isn't clear, you seem to be suggesting that if we hadn't given women more (if still not entirely equal) rights, the fertility 'problem' wouldn't be an issue. Taking this from another angle, your post suggests that a solution would be to tie women to the home, thus denying them of rights that should be universal, no matter one's sex, gender, ethnicity or age.
Hitler knew best that it was probably the Jews who instigated feminism, because they knew quite well the white birthrate would drop when women were given their rights. I mean, the mud people birthrate hasn't suffered at all.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
Hitler knew best that it was probably the Jews who instigated feminism, because they knew quite well the white birthrate would drop when women were given their rights. I mean, the mud people birthrate hasn't suffered at all.
Ah, too far, chap, too far. Calculon's post was just about right.

Pierotte

HSC
noworldwithoutu said:
Why are there so many people who are unwilling to commit, its ridiculous. If someone has been in a union for 2 years or more and they are both are around 25 or working full time they should get married and start having kids to help revive the birthrate. Every woman should have 3 kids (1 for the mother, 1 for the father and 1 for the country as Peter Costello says), if we don't propagate today whose going to turn the big wheels of the Australian economy tomorrow, It takes alot of effort to keep GDP growing at 3+ %!!!!!

Uh.. getting married to save the economy? What happened to all that sacred union crap?

I cant really see my self ever getting married. Heck i cant even see my self being with the same person exclusively for 2 years.

And even if some how i ended up keeping a partner for 2 years thats VERY different to 20 years.

And having kids just for the economy of tomorrow? Ha i wont be here to benefit from "tomorrow's" economy.

Kids are a big deal, its not like u can just have them then forget about them. Life long commitment and all that jazz.

Live for today. Why tie your self down just so little kiddies in the future will benefit from it.

Seems stupid.

Your stupid.

Im stupid for taking your stupid post seriously.

Woa.

HSC
Generator said:

If for some reason my point still isn't clear, you seem to be suggesting that if we hadn't given women more (if still not entirely equal) rights, the fertility 'problem' wouldn't be an issue. Taking this from another angle, your post suggests that a solution would be to tie women to the home, thus denying them of rights that should be universal, no matter one's sex, gender, ethnicity or age.
Sorry I had a feeling it'd be let off as that but no I didn't mean that. Women should be allowed to do whatever they like and treated equal to men.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The economy does not need more babies, it needs less old people sponging off the workforce.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
iambored said:
it might mean people are less prepared to make a commitment
it might mean people are more self-centered and don't want to ruin their life for a family
it might mean people don't want to compromise their life for someone else
I fail to see what's wrong with this.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
people who says marriage gets in the way of careers are just making excuses imo. i think marriage may only effect your life if you are studying, it will make it harder, but career, i mean you're mean to love ther person you're marrying, you're meant to balance both of them, as long as there is a respect for eachother and eachothers jobs, i don't see why career should be a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)