Not enough time! (1 Viewer)

ITimber

HSC
hi,

I just can not write about all three texts (frontline episodes - at least 3 + 2 related texts) for mod c within 40 minutes. In fact I'm pushing it getting frontline + 1 related text with bare minimum.

I keep practicing and know the texts well. I have handed in prac essays and got good marks. I've gone back and cut all the extra cr*p, leaving bare minimum and still pushing it for time and not even getting to third text.

What now!?

Thanks

-pari-

HSC
N/A
you might need to work on re-structuring your essay....

eg, maybe combine two points in one etc....

steffiduck

HSC
well, i haven't even watched frontline yet, and trials are in 2 weeks (but i do have one related text...)

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
ITimber said:
hi,

I just can not write about all three texts (frontline episodes - at least 3 + 2 related texts) for mod c within 40 minutes. In fact I'm pushing it getting frontline + 1 related text with bare minimum.

I keep practicing and know the texts well. I have handed in prac essays and got good marks. I've gone back and cut all the extra cr*p, leaving bare minimum and still pushing it for time and not even getting to third text.

What now!?

Thanks
maybe the problem is that your trying to put too much information in, or maybe you need to restructure you essay a bit. You could try to set out a time-management plan with different parts of your essay (eg. intro, 1st idea/text, techniques, 2nd idea/text, techniqes, etc, etc) and estimating how much time you should spend on each aspect depending on how much importance they have in relation to the question. Eg, maybe your 1st idea is more important (is the main text or idea perhaps), and your 2nd idea is less important (2ndary text/idea), so you would allocate more time to the 1st idea than to the 2nd idea, and you would allocate approx time for all sections of your essay.

Because it sounds like you're spending too much time on your primary text and not allocating enough time for your other texts.

It helps to have a general idea of the timing of each of your sections during the actual exam, because it kind of eggs you on to think/write faster because you know that the time you should spend on a certain section is set, and it also helps to organise your thoughts (kind of).

Also, some people tend to write slower than others. Maybe if you seem to write a little slower than everyone else, then you could try to practise on increasing your writing speed. Because being able to write quickly is a very good quality to have, especially in the hsc.

Do you have a tutor? Well, if you don't (though it may be a little late), then a having a tutor would be really helpful. You can give them all your practise essays and your actual in-school/class essays, and they can give you great feedback on how best to structure your essay to include everything you need, and what your doing wrong, and everything.

Sorry i if that didn'treally help you , but tutors can help with everything. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)