not getting my hsc (1 Viewer)

random-1005

Banned
HSC
true, but don't b sad. she needs help now.

haha reading all this is highly entertaining, you wouldnt have done any good at the test anyway, and im sick of people defending these losers, they need to man up and grow some balls, this is how life is.

you had your chance, you blew it, isnt it so true that you only realise how important something is once you have lost it? hopefully you will learn an important lesson about life.

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
haha reading all this is highly entertaining, you wouldnt have done any good at the test anyway, and im sick of people defending these losers, they need to man up and grow some balls, this is how life is.

you had your chance, you blew it, isnt it so true that you only realise how important something is once you have lost it? hopefully you will learn an important lesson about life.
yeh i know dat, but now she needs help n it's good 2 help, i may not b able 2 give da best advice but all i cn do is try

"isnt it so true that you only realise how important something is once you have lost it?"
so true sooooooooooooooo true. i lost salt n i needed 4 cooking den i finally found it in da fridge. But yeh belive me i know wat u mean.

johony

HSC
"isnt it so true that you only realise how important something is once you have lost it?"
so true sooooooooooooooo true. i lost salt n i needed 4 cooking den i finally found it in da fridge. But yeh belive me i know wat u mean.
hahahahhahahahaha omg

klitzy

HSC
Go and visit the TAFE and talk to the person in charge of the applying/enrolling process. From what I've seen a lot of courses needing prerequsites state "NSW Higher School Certificate OR Equivalent" so maybe your statement of attainment could work with that. If you go to them and state your case they might accept you anyway. Investigate TAFE procedures, more than what their course guide tells you.

And also ask them about completing those last few units this year with their Year 12 classes to see if that lets you get your HSC.

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
Go and visit the TAFE and talk to the person in charge of the applying/enrolling process. From what I've seen a lot of courses needing prerequsites state "NSW Higher School Certificate OR Equivalent" so maybe your statement of attainment could work with that. If you go to them and state your case they might accept you anyway. Investigate TAFE procedures, more than what their course guide tells you.

And also ask them about completing those last few units this year with their Year 12 classes to see if that lets you get your HSC.
couldn't have said it beta ma self

rl759

HSC

thanks champ. never even thought of the last thing you said. shall give them a call tomorrow =)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh i know dat, but now she needs help n it's good 2 help, i may not b able 2 give da best advice but all i cn do is try

WTF, what in the world does salt have something to do with anything... seriously wtf

You can say that again. Klitzy's statement had full punctuation and correct spelling.
lol +1

rl759

HSC
join a new school (probs public is best bet)

attendance record goes back to nil
yeah i do go to a public school =/
im thinking repeat some of my subjects but then i dont wanna go through the same stress again
if not just move on and find another way besides the hsc? like tafe it.. at this stage im still pretty undecisive.

ahh .. and bout the salt.. LOL</SPAN>

rl759

HSC
hmm... does anyone here personally think that repeating the hsc or even just
re-doing a couple of subjects would not be the best idea? considering there are always other ways to get into the course you want?

JackLinScots

HSC
so how come you didnt attend in the first place
Probably hated that one subject, not that fucking hard to figure out ..
@ The people saying if she can't attend a class she'll fail at Uni, the difference is shes doing a course she chose and wants to do, nobodys forcing her to go to uni but you are forced to do 10 units.

Mezillious

HSC
N/A
Here are a few options that I kmow of

If you want to study accounting you have a few options available to you at the moment.

1) Some universities offer Early Entry based on a Principal's Recommendation - these positions can be granted to a course based upon the recommendation by your principal that you would be able to handle the workload of a university level course. This may not be so relevant to you in that if you were removed from a class, it's not likely that your principal will vouch for you, as well as the fact that most Early Entry/Principal's Recommendation schemes have closed for 2010.

2) TPC - Tertiary Preparation Certificate (Cert 4) run through TAFE. This course only requires that you have completed NSW School Certificate (Year 10). This is a very good course focused on a TAFE style of learning (skills/competency based) which will give you a TES (Tertiary Entrance Score) which UAC then converts to an ATAR equivalent. When I first did my HSC in 1998 I got a UAI of 69 which was not high enough to get me into any of my preferences. I did the TPC in one year and got the equivalent to a UAI of 85 which got me into Civil Engineering ( I later transfered to Teaching/Design & Technology)

https://www.tafensw.edu.au/courses/about/preparation.htm

3) I don't know about this last option but if you were to somehow complete a TVET course which was a framework course it would count towards your HSC, the question would be whether your TAFE & school would be prepared to allow it.

Good luck, hope it all works out for you!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)