• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Not Happy- BOW ideas- clasing pop. culture (1 Viewer)

Prying Pandora

HSC
BOW idea- clashing pop. culture

:mad:
My original idea for the BOW was based around Carrol's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, I wanted to depict paradigms based on my own experiences in life-
Yet- as I began, Gwen Stefani's music clip is released- I don't want my work to appear a watered-down version of Pomo'd Popular culture...

Anyway, should I adamntly work around or away from this?

Last edited:

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
I wouldn't worry so much. Your BOW is only what you make it...so i guess if you keep your current theme you'll work harder to feign off the stigma of that trashy video clip (i really hate that song)

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Make a point of it in your diary work. But go for it, it's a theme with such potential for imaginative interpretation. You probably can't ignore the clip now (although who knows how many art markers watch Channel V? :)) so take it further, do a fully-blown appropriation and don't apologise for it. Besides, Alice in Wonderland has been analysed and interpreted so many times that I doubt the Gwen Stefani version is going to have long-lasting implications.

swandive

HSC
I don't want to put you off doing it more, but a girl at my school last year did an Alice in Wonderland photoshop thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)