not happy jan! (1 Viewer)

*rinney*

HSC
Grr!! :mad: This is my proposed schedule of units...

:First Semester:
ANTH106 Drugs Across Cultures
PHIL132 Philosophy, Morality and Society
AHST102 Greek Society 500-300 Oikos to Polis
WST110 Gender Issues in the Contemporary Context

:Second Semester:
ANTH150 Introduction to Anthropology
AHST103 Rome: From Republic to Empire
PHIL131 Mind, Meaning and Metaphysics
AHST101 Myth in the Ancient World

I've timetabled them, and freakin realise that the only Lecture for ANTH106 clashes with the ONLY lecture for WST110 on Monday!?!?! FARKKKK!

Is there any alternative, or does this just mean that I'll have to choose out of Women's Studies and Anthro - which I really wanna do both of :(

Anyone else in this situation? :confused:

^___^
HSC
i think you can do both, cept u chose which lect u turn up to

and like, for the lect u missed out, u ask someone for the material and stuff

*rinney*

HSC
haha yeah that's what i was thinking hey...or maybe do the online learning for women's studies or some shit? :confused: meh..i'll have to talk it over with the "academic advisors" i reckon.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
i thought if there's a clash..it's the timetable error.....coz tat's wat happen to a friend of mine and she phoned up the uni and told them the situation and then they fixed up her timetable or something....btw...she's in unsw...

RocketRiley

HSC
jezzmo said:
those two activities always seem to clash! it always seems to be either drugs or women! never both at the same time!
As if, snorting a line of speed off a chick's belly is one of life's great pleasures. And the sex is fucking incredible when you're tweaking.

ND

HSC
Hahah riles, truer words have never been said. Unfortunately, my girl hates when i do that shit and would never let me do that.... :(

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I dont think you can. When it comes to enrolling, the system wont let you be in two places at once. Especially seeing that they are both lectures... if one had 2 lecture times to choose from you could get around it, but if they both only have one lecture at the same time with no chance of picking a different time you're stuck. I had the same problem with the same subjects last year: I picked ANTH. its great, lots of fun, and interesting tid bits on drugs. And its easy.

So you'll have to pick one or the other.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Sweet_Lemon said:
i thought if there's a clash..it's the timetable error.....coz tat's wat happen to a friend of mine and she phoned up the uni and told them the situation and then they fixed up her timetable or something....btw...she's in unsw...
You thought wrong. Hmm...that sounds kinda harsh, haha.

rinney - it's a clash which means the uni just assumes, judging by numbers from previous years, not many people would do both of the subjects. I had a clash as well this semester. I wanted to do both Labour law and IT law but I can't do both. These things happened. Gotta lump it and drop one and pick another.

Technically you could enroll in both but what's the point? There are so many good units to be taken, no point jeapoardising your marks (and learning) in one or both of the clashing subjects. Oh and I'd agree with the above poster, go the drugs!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
*rinney* said:

I've timetabled them, and freakin realise that the only Lecture for ANTH106 clashes with the ONLY lecture for WST110 on Monday!?!?! FARKKKK!

Is there any alternative, or does this just mean that I'll have to choose out of Women's Studies and Anthro - which I really wanna do both of :(

you can do both - this is DEFINITE

just turn up to the one you want. for the other one, either don't go and read the notes, o ri recommend getting the tapes of the lectures from the library. they take about 5 days to get there but even if you always have a one missing that you have to catch up on, it's worth it if you really want to do both.

as for the people who have said it won't let you do it - it will. i did it for both sem 1 and 2. and yes it's worth it if you really want to do the courses, even if there are other courses out there, i don't regret my decisions to do clasing subjects at all because i did exactly what i wanted and have not been left wondering what the subjects would be like.

Estefan

HSC
i'm comin to mac uni this year but am lost when it comes to finding one's proposed schedule of units. is it in that envelope we got when we accepted our offer

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*rinney* said:

Your timetable looks mighty familiar :S

Probably cos i did AHST 101-103 and PHIL 131-132

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
iambored said:
you can do both - this is DEFINITE

just turn up to the one you want. for the other one, either don't go and read the notes, o ri recommend getting the tapes of the lectures from the library. they take about 5 days to get there but even if you always have a one missing that you have to catch up on, it's worth it if you really want to do both.

as for the people who have said it won't let you do it - it will. i did it for both sem 1 and 2. and yes it's worth it if you really want to do the courses, even if there are other courses out there, i don't regret my decisions to do clasing subjects at all because i did exactly what i wanted and have not been left wondering what the subjects would be like.

Hmmm..well they didnt let me do it.. and I had clashes with the exact same subjects...

oh well, see how you go.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yeah stupid timetabling system....
econ232 clashes with accg253!!
the evening classes that is...

*rinney*

HSC
haha rad! :D i'm constructing two timetables - one for if i CAN do both and one for if i have to drop one (i'll drop WST110 cuz i've wanted to do anthro since i was literally.. born!) and probs pick up PHIL137 Critical Thinking..
thanks for all your feedback :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
MaryJane said:
Hmmm..well they didnt let me do it.. and I had clashes with the exact same subjects...

oh well, see how you go.
really? if they didn't let me i wouldn't have been happy.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
*rinney* said:
haha rad! :D i'm constructing two timetables - one for if i CAN do both and one for if i have to drop one (i'll drop WST110 cuz i've wanted to do anthro since i was literally.. born!) and probs pick up PHIL137 Critical Thinking..
thanks for all your feedback :)

PHIL137 is good and easy... its a good unit to take :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)