Not Happy (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Okay, my school didn't go that great in Adv. English. Although i'm not coming first or anything, I did pretty well in both exams and got above average in everything but one and that one essay nobody got above 10 it was that shit.

BUT, I get my report today and when I read my English teachers comment I am told I did OKAY in my exam by doing the minimum amount of work.

Excuse me, but we were given NO homework or anything and I have completed all my assessment tasks and I did pretty damn well in my exam by studying my fucking arse off, if I do say so myself.

I'm really angry with my teacher, she pissed off before I got to talk to her at parent/teacher interviews this afternoon. It just doesn't seem fair to me. I do alright and the teacher just completely bags me out.

tieki

Some teachers are good (like mine, fortunately), some are bad (like my brothers) an some are just plain ugly (bit like one of the science teachers at our school...lol)

"Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, if you're wrong, you're a mile away, and you have their shoes" - I love that one... :)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by tieki

"Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, if you're wrong, you're a mile away, and you have their shoes" - I love that one... :)
hehe, I like that, too :)

I agree with you. you see, teachers mean a lot to me. It's sad to say this but I am highly dependant on my teachers.

To the 1st poster:
I don't think sometimes teachers are aware of how much or how little effort you put in. it's difficult for them to judge. I do encourage you to talk to them about your problems, ask them how you can do better and like that.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i suggest you go and talk to them, but dont go in there guns blaring, just walk up and quietly ask 'when you have time, can i talk to you about how you feel i should improve my mark, as i feel i did all possible to prepare for the exam' even if u feel like riping her head off.
but, yeah, i totally sympathise with what your saying. on my 1/2 yrly report last yr it said 'jess needs to develop a greater understanding of english to cope with the hsc at this level' so i got on my high horse, i didnt say anything to her, but i worked my butt off and turned my marks right around and now im at the top and my reports are like 'jess is on track for hsc success..and blah blah blah'...maybe she was just trying to give you a kick in the butt for the hsc..altho, she prob left it a little late ;)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
omg! u work and she doesn't recognise it?/ thats crap. and on tope of that its ur yr12 report, and people r gonna b looking at it

dandaman

my friend... wait patiently for muck up day.. then you can express yourself clearly to your teachers, especially the loser who bagged you out.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
omg! u work and she doesn't recognise it?/ thats crap. and on tope of that its ur yr12 report, and people r gonna b looking at it
I used to think, 'why did he/she recognise my work?'

but when you really think about it, you have to understand that they probably have like 30 kids to take notice of, multiply that by 7 grades. it's hard for them to give individual attentions :(

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
you shut them up by topping the grade... Rank: 1/180, Effort: C

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)