• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

not seeing improvement between trials and hsc (1 Viewer)

wait...what?

HSC
so i've been studying my ass off this whole suvat period and holiday period before trials (average 7-8 hours everyday), doing practice tests and focusing in areas that I'm bad at and all that, yet I'm not seeing the improvement that I was hoping to get. e/g/ for math adv i got a 73 in my trial (it was quite a hard trial the average was like 50) and I thought I could then an 80 for my hsc, yet when i do practice test my average is like a 75.

the worst one is for english. Its my worst subject for sure, i got a high 60s in my trial and yet i think im going to get the same mark if not worse if the questions are bad. i just don't know how to improve in english. i just find it hard to balance all the things the english teachers want like clarity, context, purpose, concise yet detailed analysis etc.

my situation is kinda bad tbh. i need an 90 atar to get into the course that i want but my atar calculator says i'll get an 89.

so yeah. anyone who have had a massive improvement between now and trials, what is your advice and how did you do it? please reveal your secrets cuz i am DESPERATE for a 90 atar.

sorry if this was a ramble. t-minus 5 days till hsc we've got this guys

nonya2000

Banned
HSC
if u get a 60 raw mark in the hsc , thats a band 4 or 5. Also if you do get band 5 in advanced math you will get adjustment factors for some unis

keyboardsmash

HSC
is it a 90 atar or a 90 selection rank? make sure to look at any possible adjustment points for your universities of choice, and also factor in that your mark will be adjusted as well (check out rawmarks.info)

wait...what?

HSC
is it a 90 atar or a 90 selection rank? make sure to look at any possible adjustment points for your universities of choice, and also factor in that your mark will be adjusted as well (check out rawmarks.info)
its 90 selection rank but i have checked, im not really eligible for any adjustment points. and ye, i have factored that the raw mark will change when using the atar calculator

spiderfan44

HSC
are you marking yourself really harshly? generally hsc markers look to give you points, whereas in trial teachers will look to take away marks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)