Not smart yet... (1 Viewer)

Counterfeit

HSC
I always figured that by the time the HSC was <1 month away i would be really smart. Like all trained up, an efficient study machine, all knowledgeable and motivated.

It just hasn't happened. Im still me. Restless, flippant and quite "dumb".

WHERE IS MY HSC MIRACLE!!??

Even when i study it just wont sink in... i honestly believe i am getting progressively dumber, yet i havn't a clue why!

So anyway, share your study tips, and do they work. Because my 4 hours a day and doing NOTHING to help me, i need a new study style.

Plus the one important question "How to study for english?"

Damn this subject is a bitch! Like with maths one can start doing papers and get "in the zone" but in english... well... fuck.

Thats all.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
You obviously are not studying very effectively, if 4 hours is doing nothing for you. With study, unlike the HSC, it really its quality not quantity.

And by this point, you really shouldnt be learning anything new. The only things I am doing that for is modern, because we just finished the course and I plan to spend tomorrow making timelines and doing hardcore study, as opposed to the revision which I have been doing up until now.

Try to make your study fun, I like to make mind-maps etc, do some past papers and just mix it up, rathet than just reading/writing notes. Take breaks in between to clear your mind. Me and my friends did a big notes swap the other day, sometimes its really good to look at other ppls notes and stuff to get new ideas and to study with other people.

Also, makes sure you hit all your subjects. It's really easy to just ignore the ones you don't like, or spend too much time on the one you're not so good at. All your units will contribute to your UAI, so evenly distribute your time for each of them. However, also be aware of your strengths and weaknesses. I know I don't need to do much study for EE1 because I have been doing the same thing all year, but for Society I do because I stuffed up my trial.

For english everyone likes to study differently but for my preparation for english for the HSC, so far, I have watched/read all my texts again. Got some new related material for AOS and Module C to keep my ideas fresh and last night I just went over all my notes and quote cards and I feel like I could do the exam right now, having done an hour of revision last night.

You should also by now know when you study best, I study best really early in the morning and after dinner. So i've done 3 hours this morning and will do another bit tonight, because I know if I study now I will accomplish nothing.

Ha, there is my rant.

Good luck

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
dear person who made this topic,

i hear ya. also, the hsc is a hideous bitch.

love,
glyc

radhika87

Pro
HSC
Sure, the HSC's a bitch, but then again, life's a bitch and we all have to do things that we don't like to get what we want in the future.
I think the best way to study is to take plenty of breaks, keep a healthy mind and body, and just keep reading through some brief notes or go over a few mind maps etc.

radhika87

Pro
HSC
School's a BITCH altogether.
English isn't that bad unless u haven't done ur major essays for the three modules.
Apart from that, its just memorising them and trying to manipulate them a little into different text types.

radhika87

Pro
HSC
wats up with all ur bear bullshit?
its in all ur posts and its kinda irritating!

radhika87

Pro
HSC
TheBearThtWasnt said:
im the

bear that

wasnt

wasnt a bear a wasnt a bear at all

QUIT with this bear shit already. ur ruining this very insightful forum

radhika87

Pro
HSC
TheBearThtWasnt said:
why are my posts doing that

they should be after that girls ones
My posts are doing the same annoying thing. It seems like im replying to myself casue they're not coming straight under yours

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)