Not sure what course to choose (1 Viewer)

Determined101

HSC
Hi everyone,

I am stuck in terms of what course/university to choose for next year.

I love humanities - English, Geography, Modern History, SOR and Business Studies in particular. Even though these subjects differ, the units I performed best in and loved the most over the past 2 years were quite similar in some ways. (e.g. Modern History = unit on League of Nations, SOR = unit on Religion and Peace, Geography = unit on World cities and Megacities). Peace, power, inequality etc interest me. I'm not sure what career would suit this? I was thinking perhaps a position in the UN?

I am not sure what degree would suit my interests,
I am considering law, however I am only interested in human rights law. Would it be worth pursuing even though you have to learn about tort law, contract law etc?
I also loved the Sydney Uni open day lecture on international relations and government - but I think its only a major
I have been considering psycology, as I would like to understand people's behaviour and thought processes better. Maybe a double degree in psych and law? I dont think I could do a degree on psycology alone.
I am also interested in business, especially marketing, but I am not sure if thats the path I want to go down

As you can see I am a bit all over the place. With UAC preferences approaching fast, I would really like some advice on what to do.

Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)