note-making for legal (1 Viewer)

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
Hey im really sorry if this has been done before but i've just been making notes for legal and have found that i've been primarily using the excel book and not heineman so much. What do you guys reckon? the excel is really concise whereas my teacher is always bagging out heinemann saying they miss bits and some of its wrong. Like i said this has probly been done but im to lazy/stressed to do a search. Thanks!

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
When I used to do legal studies I used Heinemann and Excel. I really liked the content of Excel because the set-out was organized. I liked Heinemann too because I got distracted by the cartoons. :rolleyes:

But in general, I find Excel textbooks a bit boring. Especially when we're under so much stress, textbooks without colour are really not tempting. :p I must have said this in at least 10 different threads by now...

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
there are several errors in excel also.

but i find that they compliment each other really well.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I find macquarie > Excel
I have excel but dont really use it
I use heinemann 4 class work
Macquarie for making notes

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
Jago said:
there are several errors in excel also.

but i find that they compliment each other really well.
Yeah thats what ive been doing so far. Reading through hieneman then through excel and getting a good knowledge of the content then making notes from the two.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i AM trying to band 6 this subject

but i haven't gotten around to writting notes yet, physics and economics is taking up all my note-making time :/

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
My note taking session involves:
1. Cut and paste 'students learn' section (left hand side) from syllabus.
2. Using class notes, Longman textbook, macquarie study guide only typing the main points within the computer highlighted syllabus dot points.
3. continue step 2 for a couple of hours
Finished...

roadcone

HSC
i make my notes in a pretty similar fashion to huratio

HSC
argh i haven't made notes for legal! i only spend most of my time doing notes for chemistry and ipt
better start immediately!

Last edited:

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
whaaa,.... a page if not more on a dot point... wouldn't that take you like 50 pages for summary notes.. thats equals like textbook length...
but i must admit my process is extremely time consuming as well...

btw my legal notes average about 20 pages for each topic.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
miss_gtr said:
i get the dot point from the syllabus, then under each dot i write about page, if not more for each dot. VERY TIME CONSUMING. but i DONT use macquarie to copy notes from, i use heinnman for note writing, and MACQUARIE for glance over the morning/night before.
wow that IS a lot of notes...im making my legal notes EXTREMELY brief, since i wont have much time to read them, so yeah im hoping to get all topics in ~30 pages.

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
Jago said:
wow that IS a lot of notes...im making my legal notes EXTREMELY brief, since i wont have much time to read them, so yeah im hoping to get all topics in ~30 pages.
I think it dosen't really matter how long your notes are just as long as they suit your own knowledge and methods of studying. Someone could have just five pages of mindmaps and that would be enough for them. I wish that was enough for me but cause im more like miss gtr. Just cause i need to do it that way to gain a good understanding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)