Notes on Witness???? (1 Viewer)

sarabeara

HSC
Does anyone have any good notes on witness, more specifically on the contrast between the two worlds??
I've been reading through the forum and it looks like most people did it early on, we are just starting it now!
If anyone has some notes on this that they would like to share it would be greatly appreciated!!!!! :)
Thanks guys!

Last edited:

jesster88

HSC
I have just started working on Witness and i am doing a scene by scene grid and i am linking the what ? - what i see and how it makes me feel to the techinques that emote these images and feeling

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
i like the scene where the amish are walking together up the hill (symbolising unity) with the scene of samuel in the police station (everybody doing their own thing, not working together, sense of individualism)

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
- the badly lit setting and dirty setting provides a vivid contrast to the Amish community.
- in the amish community, sound in connected to nature = birds chirp, kittens purr, steams bubble. The city = cars, bus, bells ringing, typewriters clanging...

0ochello0

HSC
clash of cultures:
u should talk about how in the modern world there is the use of the neon, bright, artificial lights, which are a stark contrast to the ambient lighting in the amish world.
on the same note, the bright lights that illuminate the barn in the "barn dancing scene" suggest that their union is doomed coz of this link to the counterfiet world.
another idea with this is wen samuel walks into the toilet there is a bright light-going into the light ( he is gaining knowledge).
also, wen Book is woken by Eli at 4am fo rmilking, the montage of scenes here represent how book is strugling to fit into the world, as he is so different ( "im not used to eating in the middle of the night" ). also, his attempting to make a joke by referring to the TV commercial " thats good coffee " reiterates this point.
the "gun of the hand scene" ("what you take into your hand you take into your haeart") shows how the clash of cultures has affected young Samuel as wen Eli asks would u use the gun, samuel replies"to kill a bad man". eli questions what does a bad man look like and sam says he has seen wat they do bla bla bla etc, so it is evident that this culture clash has affected him.

ima shut up now...if u want more email me.. gimaqt_xoxo@hotmail.com :wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)