Notes (1 Viewer)

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Hello

Just want to ask a few questions

1. Should I start writing summary notes for my HSC subjects in term 3 holidays or relax?

2. Do you guys actually make your own summary notes or buy them off another person of BOS?

3, Which users of this forum do you guys recommend of buying notes from for physics, standard english, SOR 1, Business Studies, SDD and 3 unit maths?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Hello

Just want to ask a few questions

1. Should I start writing summary notes for my HSC subjects in term 3 holidays or relax?

2. Do you guys actually make your own summary notes or buy them off another person of BOS?

3, Which users of this forum do you guys recommend of buying notes from for physics, standard english, SOR 1, Business Studies, SDD and 3 unit maths?
1. THe best of both worlds.
2. Make your own.
3. I have business notes.

starshine02

HSC
I always think it's better to write your own notes because then you'll understand them better. Sometimes i like to have a look at other peoples notes to see if i'm covering everything i need to know and if my info is accurate. about writing notes in holidays - if you understand the stuff then go for it. but personally i'm gonna enjoy myself because it's like the one totally work free break possible before hsc year. i might just have a skim over a few of my textbooks but that's it...

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
For notes:

The process of making notes is more valuable than the notes themselves.

You remember and understand things better when you're writing them down rather than just looking at someone else's notes.

Only use someone else's notes if you have left study to the last minute :haha: (like Prelim yearlies)

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
For notes:

The process of making notes is more valuable than the notes themselves.

You remember and understand things better when you're writing them down rather than just looking at someone else's notes.

Only use someone else's notes if you have left study to the last minute :haha: (like Prelim yearlies)
Personally for yourself, do you think hand-writing notes is better than typing notes due to the fact that you understand as you right (my hand-writing is annoying to read)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Personally for yourself, do you think hand-writing notes is better than typing notes due to the fact that you understand as you right (my hand-writing is annoying to read)
For preliminary, most of my notes are hand-written. I think when HSC comes, my notes will be electronic cause it's easier to edit electronic ones.

But hand writing draft notes allow the information to sink in better. Improves memory retention more effectively.

Deliriously

HSC
I find that taking other people's notes (like 2 or 3) and learning in conjunction with the textbook works best for me. I have made notes but after leaving it for a couple of months, it just felt the same as reading somebody else's notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)