Notes (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

Notes - Rome and Egypt

G'day-
I've got notes and essays on Egypt (Ramesside Society + and Amenhotep III - Ramses II Period, Ramses II Personality and Akhenaten Personality [yes, I studied for both]), as well as Rome (Augustus - Nero Period). A few of my notes and essays are now in the resource section, but there are some minor notes that I've kinda left out, as a lot of them are fragmented in terms of topics.

A lot of my essays are here, in the resource section. It's a good place to check out, although bear in mind that a lot of notes are grouped together in .zip files (need a zip program) and labelled incorrectly. Also remember that some info may be inside other electives, for example, you'd find Ramses II and Akhenaten notes relevant to the Personality electives in the Period Amenhotep III - Ramses II.

Furthermore, I've got access to a tonne of resources- my own big book collection as well as the huge Egyptology dump that is Macquarie Uni Library. I'm willing to scan a reasonable amount of a book and send it to you electronically, or photocopy it and post it to you, if you pay me postage.

I'll put a list of some books I find useful and a brief note on the historians so you don't fudge quotations from a bad historian (ie, quote Kemp talking about theology). I'm not suggesting even attempting to read all of these, but sometimes you might not be sure about quality of books.

The booklist is here .

I've got all these books bar a few of the huge ones and have access to all on that list, and I think they're the main ones of importance, especially the personality related ones like Kitchen and Reeves. At the moment, they're the only ones that I'll add my seal of pwar-approval to. Yes, it's a long list, but they're all very reliable and have some great info. It's also important to know what book someone's talking about when they say "Gardiner" or "Aldred". I'm willing to scan or photocopy a reasonable and legal amount and send these to those who ask nicely- if you'd like hard-copy photocopies, you're paying the postage :p I'll have to put up a list of my Rome and Greece stuff, too...

Like I said, I've got access to a lot of stuff and am willing to scan or photocopy a reasonable and legal amount.

Lastly, I do tutor in Ancient History and in Extension History- contact me if you want tutoring of any sorts, although I'd abuse my generosity and just ask me questions on msn or via email.

Essentially, if you're nice and add me to msn or email me with questions / an assignment to read through, I will do when I am willing and able.

rob.p@optusnet.com.au (both msn and email)

Last edited by a moderator:

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
Stupid teachers

Hey the world need more ppl like this dude... it's great to know that people are willing to give up their notes ..... alll the time they have put into preparing them... then give them to others for an opportunity to do their best in their exams.
If it wasnt for this dude i wouldn't have a chance in my half yearlies because our teacher decided to tell us less then a week before that we had been focusing on the amarna period not the ramesside period giving us under a week to scavange what information we could find on it.... and their isn't much.... i'm so grateful for these notes... thank u so so much.... they mean so much to me.... :D ur a campion and deserve the best gratitude and the best thanks anyone could ever give

THANK YOU SO SO SO VERY MUCH

love lysh xoxo

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
what a jerk...... oh say saomething about me and i'll give u my notes.... fucking bull shit.... I'M GOING TO FAIL MY EXAM NOW MATE after u faulsly promised me thanks
:chainsaw: :vcross:

X

xeuyrawp

chooky_girl26 said:
what a jerk...... oh say saomething about me and i'll give u my notes.... fucking bull shit.... I'M GOING TO FAIL MY EXAM NOW MATE after u faulsly promised me thanks
:chainsaw: :vcross:
I told you I'd help you with getting you notes. I jokingly told you to post while I was looking for them, and I was grateful for the "thanks" post. Anyway, I said I'd get notes and I'm sorry I couldn't give them sooner, but like I told you, there was computer trouble. I did offer you help, but like you said, you left it too late. Don't blame me that you're going to fail when you approached me a day in advance- like I said I AM sorry that there was delay on notes. I didn't falsely promise anything, I was and still am willing to help.

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
lol, dont u just h8 ppl who leave things to the last minute, then blame someone else for their shortcomings???

Meh, u did good! Nice notes by the way! - also, i think theres some more notes for pharoahs in the "pharaohs" thread (well der, sorry, im out for stating the obvious today) - however o dont know if they are for these times, maybe they're just for NK, but check em out anywayz, maybe good as background for Akhenaten

X

xeuyrawp

angelduck said:
lol, dont u just h8 ppl who leave things to the last minute, then blame someone else for their shortcomings???

Meh, u did good! Nice notes by the way! - also, i think theres some more notes for pharoahs in the "pharaohs" thread (well der, sorry, im out for stating the obvious today) - however o dont know if they are for these times, maybe they're just for NK, but check em out anywayz, maybe good as background for Akhenaten
Thanks. Have a green square:)

X

xeuyrawp

angelduck said:
lol, it just really annoys me!! Then again, i always had my acient stuff finishd weeks in advance, just so i could procrastinate over maths, stupid maths
And now's she's having a cry on MSN because she's going to fail. Society is SIMPLE. Listen in class, and do your homework. Before the exams, read over your homework. :)

cate_7x

HSC
Hey,
Look this guy told me to write a good word on him in here, in exchange for notes. I did that and then he never came back on msn and didn't contact me. Luckily I didn't need these notes desperatly, but to anyone here, I suggest finding other people with notes - cause this guy doesn't help.

X

xeuyrawp

cate_7x said:
Hey,
Look this guy told me to write a good word on him in here, in exchange for notes. I did that and then he never came back on msn and didn't contact me. Luckily I didn't need these notes desperatly, but to anyone here, I suggest finding other people with notes - cause this guy doesn't help.
What the hell? I gladly gave you my help, but if you read my above posts, at that point in time (early April) I was having computer troubles. I'd switched computers and didn't have my current notes. I said I'd look for them, but in the mean time I did help you on MSN, I had at least a half-hour conversation with you! I could post the fucking conversation log, too.

Jesus, I try to help people, and then they have a go at me when there's a hitch, it's not as if I need to give you notes or help you at all. I'm a very honest person and you're being a total bitch by saying I was exchanging my notes for rep, that's stupid, I've shared my notes with heaps of people (including my students who PAY for my time), and most of them have been happy, granted Chooky_girl and you, cate, haven't been satisfied with my "service". Why haven't you said anything to me on MSN about this? I would have happily talked to you more, since my computer break-down, I've been available everytime I've been on msn! If you still need help, you can seriously screw it, because I'm not going to help someone as ungreatful and ignorant as you.

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
heres a question... how can u listen in class if ur class does nothing and how can u do homework... if u simply don't get any....

khairi

HSC
Thankyou very very much.

Helpful notes :) thanks for giving up your time to do me a favour.

X

xeuyrawp

chooky_girl26 said:
heres a question... how can u listen in class if ur class does nothing and how can u do homework... if u simply don't get any....
Look, I tried to help you! I even OFFERED after you had a go at me in this forum! You're being a bitch! Go away! Do what everyone else does- have a cry, move on, then study for yourself.

khairi said:
Thankyou very very much.
Helpful notes thanks for giving up your time to do me a favour.
You're welcome. I hope the tricky question goes well:)

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
angelduck said:
in response to chooky girl - read textbooks, do practice questions, write summarys, make urself some hw, dont just rely on ur teacher

Duck i do do those things..... u just don't see it.... i am up till 3 am doing study.... u know ... but the teachers are there to teach us.... hell.... some books might not be correct..... what is the point in being a teacher.... if they do not help their students....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)