Notre Dame (1 Viewer)

Zeestylez

HSC
Hi guys i was just wondering about what people think or rather know about this uni.. like is it worth applying? I mean i dont have much knowledge on this uni since it is private and isnt listed in the UAC.. so i was wondering if anyone that goes to that uni can give me an insight into the courses, reputation, and stuff coz im considering it..

thanks to anyone who replies.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
My mates is learning to be a primary school teacher there. He is having a great time. They do practicals too, they give them a month or so in the classroom in 2nd year, so they actually get quite a bit of experience. every time ive spoken to him, he said hes enjoying his time (well like everyone else, hes behind on work too! lol). Sorry thats all i can really tell you about it. Hopefully someone else can fill you in.

shut up

ruler of all
somewhere inside a rainbow wondering what im doing
HSC
my best friend is doing arts/law there and she absolutely loves it.
ive been there a few times, and advanatages -
Much less impersonal than big unis, which is better for teaching
fairly nice campus
close to central\
NO WALKING.. or at least not nearly as much as i do at usyd
and some of their subjects are mad - im jealous

ill leave someone else to whinge about the size, etc etc

jenipoo

HSC
I want to apply for teaching at ND but it's past the application closing date (26th Sept). Is it still worth applying?

slickstar_01

Banned
HSC
Davo1111 said:
My mates is learning to be a primary school teacher there. He is having a great time. They do practicals too, they give them a month or so in the classroom in 2nd year, so they actually get quite a bit of experience. every time ive spoken to him, he said hes enjoying his time (well like everyone else, hes behind on work too! lol). Sorry thats all i can really tell you about it. Hopefully someone else can fill you in.
lol. first time me and davo agree on something? LOL

yeah, i got a friend who was doing science at UTS and she hated it..so she just transferred to ND teaching. loving every moment of it. the funny thing is she is in first year and doing work expereince already at a primary school. she doenst regret her decision at all.

HSC
Only bad thing is having to pay upfront for alot of the courses besides nursing and teaching i think which has hecs, hence if u dont like it u spend alot of money upfront.

0Jade0

HSC
lil_georgie_gal said:
Only bad thing is having to pay upfront for alot of the courses besides nursing and teaching i think which has hecs, hence if u dont like it u spend alot of money upfront.
You don't need to pay up front. FEE-HELP is available.
In any case paying up front compared to other unis, or some private schools is very cheap.

X

xeuyrawp

Davo1111 said:
They do practicals too, they give them a month or so in the classroom in 2nd year, so they actually get quite a bit of experience.
All teachers have to do practicals, and giving a student a month in second year is pretty poor, imo.

Students need to be in the classroom in the first year, and for much longer in subsequent years over their degree/s.

angel88

HSC
PwarYuex said:
All teachers have to do practicals, and giving a student a month in second year is pretty poor, imo.

Students need to be in the classroom in the first year, and for much longer in subsequent years over their degree/s.
I'm in my third year in Primary Ed at Notre Dame and we do 32 weeks of prac during our course. We do 2 weeks in the first year and a full term each year after that. They are really good!! I was able to get a real feel for what a career in teaching is like, planning and teaching term long units and getting to know the schools.
Every other uni i looked at only did 16 weeks of prac - half of what I do.

charlesdinio

HSC
I have a law interview this week, as a backup incase my UAI doesn't go to plan. I really don't know what to think of it? 2 of my mates do law there, they seem to love it. But its reputation is a bit lacking because its so new in Australia

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
my friend said:
1st year - 2 weeks observation
2nd year - 10 weeks prac
3rd year - 10 weeks prac
4th year - 10 weeks prac
ok here are the facts, happy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)