Now that I'm 18.... (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Well, now that I'm 18, I want to look more adult (well, about as adult as you can get when you're an Asian). I've got short hair, and intend to keep it that way, but recently I've been thinking of expanding my wardrobe. Now, this might sound embarassing, but hey, BOS is oh-so-anonymous, so....here goes. I'd love to wear singlets and other such things during summer, but atm I don't because, frankly, I can't be bothered removing my underarm hair every week or so (I use a depilatory cream when I need to). So---are there any more long-lasting solutions that are reasonable in cost? I have no hair on my arms or legs (naturally) so that's not an issue.

Secondly, I want to wear earrings, but I don't like the idea of getting my ears pierced. I've been looking around a few times for clip on earrings, but they either seem to be gigantic pearl-like earrings for 40somethings that really don't fit my face, or they are dangly earrings, which again, make my face look comical. Are there any decent clip-on earrings out there which are not either? And I was also wondering if there are any other alternatives to clip on earrings that do not require pierced ears.

Hmmm, I think this is all for now.

Skeeta

HSC
it takes about three seconds to shave your pits in the shower.

I'm not a big fan of shaving, but its just too convenient.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i think chemists have these crappy sleeper things that make it look like your ears are pierced..but why don't you just get them pierced? it REALLY does not hurt and is pretty cheap to get done

and yeh, it's not hard to shave your underarms :s

emuthegreat

HSC
Magnetics are an option, however they're not stable and will easily be lost . One piercing on each ear won't change you dramatically, think of all variety of earrings you can wear .

Btw, hairy armpits are NOT a good sight lol .

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Skeeta said:
it takes about three seconds to shave your pits in the shower.

I'm not a big fan of shaving, but its just too convenient.
seconded. you can get away with not shaving legs if you're wearing pants...but not shaving your armpits is a bit naff :s lol

kazil27

HSC
azns r ment to be hairless (from neck to waist that is) do it for azn pryd!!.. and azns arnt ment to be lazy too!:wave:

lala2

Banned
HSC
lol. Hence why I wear T-Shirts only. Nah, depilatory cream just isn't cutting it in terms of how often I have to do it--give it a week and it's back. As I said, I'm naturally hairless on the arms and legs so to make....alll....that...effort just for armpits.....

Earrings, yes. I'm considering piercing my ears just because I then can wear a greater variety of jewelry.

bassqueen16

HSC
As far as I know, shaving takes longer to grow back than depilatory creams? No wonder it grows back so quickly if your using creams, try shaving for a few weeks and youll see even if you DO have to do it more frequently, its alot more convenient than creams...
Plus i agree, getting your ears pierced is quick and virtually painless, and opens the door to ALOT more options, jewellary wise :)

CieL

HSC
Would...... an epilator be an option?

Or would it be too painful? I have no idea, got nothing on my pits to pull out.. ever..

CieL

HSC
Magnetic earrings are horrible..

I had two pairs when I was younger.. they kept getting caught on my hair, or I'd get home and take my shirt off and it'd flick the earring everywhere..

Just get them pierced.. heaps more range

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)