• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Now what: further Q's (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey... im currently in yr 10doing the accelerated course and IVE RUN OUT OF QUESTIONS TO DO!!!!! Ive completely finished maths in focus (both yr 11 and 12 whihch were both too easy) and I dont want to do the Past HSC paper Q's just yet (as i want to do them each as a whole test and time myself)... Should i buy another textbook just for the sake of more and harder Q's and if so which one? BTW ive found this book on the internet does anyone know about it:
http://www.dymocks.com.au/ProductDetails/ProductDetail.aspx?R=9780646178912

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
5647382910 said:
Hey... im currently in yr 10doing the accelerated course and IVE RUN OUT OF QUESTIONS TO DO!!!!! Ive completely finished maths in focus (both yr 11 and 12 whihch were both too easy) and I dont want to do the Past HSC paper Q's just yet (as i want to do them each as a whole test and time myself)... Should i buy another textbook just for the sake of more and harder Q's and if so which one? BTW ive found this book on the internet does anyone know about it:
http://www.dymocks.com.au/ProductDetails/ProductDetail.aspx?R=9780646178912
Have you got all the questions right though?

If you got 105 in CSSA paper as you already mentioned, there must have been questions that you couldn't do. Go through all the questions you have done and see if you can do all of them. I really suggest yellow Fitzpatrick book, mate. It has all the questions with dfferent level. If you can do all the questions and get them all right, 110+ in HSC is yours.

By the way, that book you posted up is pretty good too.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
As if you have run out of questions!

I dont understand why you dont want to do past papers. There are 12 years of past papers on the board of studies website + you can find past papers all the way back to the late 1970's if you really want to. So 30 exams, 3 hours each equals 90 hours of questions.

If you really dont want to do past HSC papers, go to the resources page and get some past HSC trials.

They are much more beneficial than doing questions from books, as you get a feel for exam-style question. Plus, maths in focus isnt the best textbook (ie the questions are much easier than HSC and trial questions), so you are better off seeing the level of HSC questions.

HSC
lyounamu said:
Have you got all the questions right though?

If you got 105 in CSSA paper as you already mentioned, there must have been questions that you couldn't do. Go through all the questions you have done and see if you can do all of them. I really suggest yellow Fitzpatrick book, mate. It has all the questions with dfferent level. If you can do all the questions and get them all right, 110+ in HSC is yours.

By the way, that book you posted up is pretty good too.
Lolll... the thing is i literally lost 4 marks in questions 5,6,7,8,9,10 (losing the three marks in section 10 and 1 in section 8) and stupidly losing 13 marks in section 1,2,3,4.... i actually stupidly lost marks in the first question as i didnt even see one of the parts...

HSC
midifile said:
As if you have run out of questions!

I dont understand why you dont want to do past papers. There are 12 years of past papers on the board of studies website + you can find past papers all the way back to the late 1970's if you really want to. So 30 exams, 3 hours each equals 90 hours of questions.

If you really dont want to do past HSC papers, go to the resources page and get some past HSC trials.

They are much more beneficial than doing questions from books, as you get a feel for exam-style question. Plus, maths in focus isnt the best textbook (ie the questions are much easier than HSC and trial questions), so you are better off seeing the level of HSC questions.
ive basically done all the trial papers immaginable but with the HSC.... ive realised that the questions from the 1970's are nothing likw rthge 1's in recent yearsm.... btw the only questions i need to practice for are q's 9/10... WHICH textbook is best for these type of questions

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
5647382910 said:
Lolll... the thing is i literally lost 4 marks in questions 5,6,7,8,9,10 (losing the three marks in section 10 and 1 in section 8) and stupidly losing 13 marks in section 1,2,3,4.... i actually stupidly lost marks in the first question as i didnt even see one of the parts...
Then looking over the questions where you can possible make mistakes seems like a good idea.

My friend was like you too. He is a genius mathematician but he only got 110 (in comparison to his potential). He made many stupid mistakes but he knew everything.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Have you done the CSSA questions sorted by topic?

If not, go to the resources page and at the bottom of the general section for maths there are 3 files.

I dont know about the 2 unit ones, but the 3 and 4 unit ones are pretty decent in asking harder questions.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
midifile said:

If not, go to the resources page and at the bottom of the general section for maths there are 3 files.

I dont know about the 2 unit ones, but the 3 and 4 unit ones are pretty decent in asking harder questions.
Yeah, I did both 2 Unit and 3 Units. Both are awesome and quite challenging at the same time.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: Now what: further Q's

if you're that bored self teach 4unit

HSC
midifile said:

This is the stufff... thanks alot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)