NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

*mel*

Boo_ said:
i know aye...damn school...

lol, i was completely cut off from BOS!!! and msn... but bos more important...rite???

i sooo would of like that game...and what was so samrt bout the lil kid...he was going for hte roosters...ok, i give him some credit, at least he doesnt go for knights or bulldogs, or sharks (some ppl are gonna kill me 2mw :))...and through the radio i could sense the atmosphere was ecsastic!!!

lol, it was funni, one of my friend i tease casue she realli likes the roosters and she came up 2 me on tuesday at school, and handed me a double sided af page typed of reasons why roosters lost (very biased though)
Hell yeah bos is more important! :D

The little kid... he made us feel dumb! We were sitting kinda in the corner and when stuff was happening on the other side we couldn't see what was going on. So we were talking amongst ourselves "What's happening" "What's going on" and he always told us... "Scrum Roosters feed" and "Penalty to Dragons" or something like that. But he started to get a bit annoying because once we kinda started talking back to him, his little 5 year old cousin wouldn't stop talking.
But yeah, any Roosters supported is damn smart!

Boo!? Do not tease a Roosters fan! That is another smart person in this world. Lol i'd like to see that piece of paper.

Boo_

HSC
**MeL**88 said:
Hell yeah bos is more important! :D

The little kid... he made us feel dumb! We were sitting kinda in the corner and when stuff was happening on the other side we couldn't see what was going on. So we were talking amongst ourselves "What's happening" "What's going on" and he always told us... "Scrum Roosters feed" and "Penalty to Dragons" or something like that. But he started to get a bit annoying because once we kinda started talking back to him, his little 5 year old cousin wouldn't stop talking.
But yeah, any Roosters supported is damn smart!

Boo!? Do not tease a Roosters fan! That is another smart person in this world. Lol i'd like to see that piece of paper.
lol, sure, im to lazy to scan it, but i'll type it up later...

i cant stand it when lil kids keep talking about nothing...their voices being high pitched dont help much either

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
**MeL**88 said:
No... it shows that he's willing to say what he thinks despite the fine... speaking up about such a crap decision was way more important to him than any amount of money.
He wouldn't be speakin if he didn't have the money. So again that meanz the Roosterz are all about money.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I think he should be worrying more about his reputation and whether his comments will influence ref decisions. It is bias, but it probaly happens.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
LMF^^ said:
He wouldn't be speakin if he didn't have the money. So again that meanz the Roosterz are all about money.
If a school student hated maths, does this mean he hated school collectively?

I'm not a roosters fan, but i think Stuart's comments are more about both maintaining his hardline ego, and keeping pressure on the referees. Constant pressure can have an effect on refs for when they call future big games it could influence the calls. A good comparison is with Kevin Sheedy in the AFL. Similar style coaches in this way. Money has almost nothing to do with it.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
**MeL**88 said:
No... it shows that he's willing to say what he thinks despite the fine... speaking up about such a crap decision was way more important to him than any amount of money.
but he speaks out like a lil whinger, he acts like a sore loser

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
The weirdest part about his outburst two weeks ago was that he won the game. I know it was crap decision but hello? You won! And he knew Adrian Morley wasn't going to get charged. Get over it.

Word is Simpkins is going to ref State of Origin. It's gonna be interesting.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
snickerdoodle said:
The weirdest part about his outburst two weeks ago was that he won the game. I know it was crap decision but hello? You won! And he knew Adrian Morley wasn't going to get charged. Get over it.

As long as it isnt Russel Smith the game is in safe hands!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Smokey_22 said:
I'm not a roosters fan, but i think Stuart's comments are more about both maintaining his hardline ego, and keeping pressure on the referees. Constant pressure can have an effect on refs for when they call future big games it could influence the calls. A good comparison is with Kevin Sheedy in the AFL. Similar style coaches in this way. Money has almost nothing to do with it.
A better comparison would be Jose Mourinho in the Championz League. Again, a manager of a RICH club.

*mel*

snickerdoodle said:

Whether they had won or lost, it wouldn't have changed the fact that the send off was wrong. The end result didn't make a difference, so he still had a right to speak out.
What do u think every time a team wins the match, the coach just automatically has to agree with everything the ref did?

*mel*

Suney_J said:
but he speaks out like a lil whinger, he acts like a sore loser
Once again, winning or losing has nothing to do with it.
He has always been like that... even when Roosters were practically winning every game. That's just the way he is, speaking up for what he believes in.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
LMF^^ said:
A better comparison would be Jose Mourinho in the Championz League. Again, a manager of a RICH club.
that is not a good comparison, you cant compare league teams with any soccer team in a quality league

theres no salary cap at any of the top leagues. chelsea has probably the most expensive squad bar Real, just look at a comparison of the first XI of the 4 teams in the champ league semis:

Chelsea FC 165.8 million euro
AC Milan 79.8 million euro
Liverpool FC 58.3 million euro
PSV 19.2 million euro

due to the salary cap, most top teams have a squad of players with the same value, so some team may have some superstars, but they also have a lack of depth(see dogs). i know many deluded people continue to think think the roosters scam the salary cap ala the bulldogs in 2002, that is hardly the case. even if we assume this proposterous claim is true, do you think think the roosters pay triple, quadriple or 10 times thre amount the other clubs pay their players as chelski does?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
No I'm not comparin the sportz, I'm just comparin the coachez speakin out against refz to put pressure on em, and makin a comparison that they both have enough money to do so.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
At the end of the day, all coaches have the right just like anyone else to voice their opinion of a ref, players do as well. But im sure there are appropriate channels to criticise the performance of refs, speaking out about it publicly does nothing but bring the game into disrepute.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
due to the salary cap, most top teams have a squad of players with the same value, so some team may have some superstars, but they also have a lack of depth(see dogs). i know many deluded people continue to think think the roosters scam the salary cap ala the bulldogs in 2002, that is hardly the case. even if we assume this proposterous claim is true, do you think think the roosters pay triple, quadriple or 10 times thre amount the other clubs pay their players as chelski does?
Oh yeah pick on the doggies, in PL they're in the same position on the table as the Roosters.
All their injuries have been in the forward pack(knocks on wood), and players who would've been great replacements (Brett Oliver, Trevor Thurling) are both out for the season.
Nate Myle and Chris Armit have been great so far this year, so the doggies do have depth its just that injuries have hit the depth as well, and its not good when ur forward pack keeps changin as well

**MeL**88 said:
Once again, winning or losing has nothing to do with it.
He has always been like that... even when Roosters were practically winning every game. That's just the way he is, speaking up for what he believes in.
But you agree he acts like a whinger, and whingers are annoying

*mel*

Suney_J said:
But you agree he acts like a whinger, and whingers are annoying
No i don't agree. Stating your opinion and saying that it was a wrong decision... that's not whinging.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
**MeL**88 said:
What do u think every time a team wins the match, the coach just automatically has to agree with everything the ref did?
Of course he doesn't. But I don't think he should call a ref "amateurish" and "disgraceful" and call for him to be put into Jersey Flegg without copping a $10 000 fine. You don't have to agree with his decisions, but don't knock his whole reffing credibility. It just gets in the media and then blown up, and for the rest of the season everytime Paul Simpkins blows a whistle there will be someone breathing down his neck. As if refs aren't under enough pressure. It was a bad decision, yes. You won the game. Accept it and move on.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
LMF^^ said:
No I'm not comparin the sportz, I'm just comparin the coachez speakin out against refz to put pressure on em, and makin a comparison that they both have enough money to do so.
sorry, i misread what you said. even so ricky stuart isnt jose mourinho. ricky is just pasionate at that time in the match. mourinho has always been 1 egomaniac that has no other equals:D

Suney_J said:
Oh yeah pick on the doggies, in PL they're in the same position on the table as the Roosters.
All their injuries have been in the forward pack(knocks on wood), and players who would've been great replacements (Brett Oliver, Trevor Thurling) are both out for the season.
Nate Myle and Chris Armit have been great so far this year, so the doggies do have depth its just that injuries have hit the depth as well, and its not good when ur forward pack keeps changin as well
i wasnt not picking on the doggies, i was just saying it as a statement, yeh i agree with nate myles, but armit has been average imo and the likes of czerlowskis been worse. roosters have some problems as well, unless firman improves, he'll be another luke dorn buy...wasting away in the premier league, i guess having several players who cna play many of the forward position helps at the rooster, but with a few injuries in the forwards, it will be pretty weak too, unlike say the dragons or broncos, or warriors. newcastle (before they lost their stars) also had similar problems.

now that i think a bit more about it, this might not be as good an example as i thought at the time, but in my original message, all i was trying to say is that you can't but a team of stars like chelsea did in the EPL. salray cap stops that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)