NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougthelegend

HSC
Loz#1 said:
Judiaciary news from Friday night's game.

Ryan Cross has been referred to the judiciary, Adrian Morley cited for a knee lift and Glenn Morrison has not been cited for a high tackle on Jason Cayless.

Fuck me, Morrison is a cat.
bullshit...Morrison deserved to be cited!! Also im pretty sure that Hindmarsh was cited as well - which means that he will have to beat the charge to be any chance of playing for NSW in the Origin decider (if he takes the early guilty plea he'll still miss it).

Also - cant wait for this Saturday - im heading to Newcastle to watch the Roosters play the Knights....should be awesome :D

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Yeah, I agree with that. There's no doubt there was something in that and there's no way he's getting off scot free.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
But its all tactics. He's trying to show the judiciary that he had no intent, and thats why he was 'shocked'

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
CROSS GOT 6 MATCHES!!! fuck yeah, of course he's going to appeal it though. Anyone know what happened with hindy?

Edit: nevermind, just read hindy was found not guilty. Yay!

Last edited:

*mel*

shortygb said:
what a great week Morley 3 weeks, Cross 6, Hindmarsh none!!
The Roosters are going to find it hard without Cross and Morley... :( not saying that they didn't deserve it, especially Cross.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
cross was lucky he got the smallest possible suspension for eye gouging, he was given the smallest because of his clean record, so it could have been worse.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Cross denied leave to appeal

1 July 2005

NRL judiciary chairman, Judge Greg Woods, has denied Sydney Roosters centre Ryan Cross leave to appeal against a six match ban for eye-gouging.

Cross was this week found guilty of the contrary conduct charge for attacking the eye of Parramatta forward Glenn Morrison during the NRL match at Aussie Stadium last Friday night.

Woods made his decision after considering submissions from the Roosters yesterday and the NRL judiciary counsel, Peter Kite, today.

"In my view there are no good prospects for success were leave to be granted...the video evidence in this case was very compelling," Woods wrote in his judgment.

"The point was made in submissions on this leave application that the player Morrison had not chosen subsequently to pursue the on-field complaint - this submission has no weight.

"None of the other arguments advanced on this application is persuasive.

"It is obvious that, as Mr Kite put it, the act was 'a moment of madness' in a heated game.

"It does not detract from Mr Cross' general good character, and I have no doubt that he will never repeat this act or anything like it.

"Nonetheless, the penalty is necessary to mark the unacceptability of such conduct in rugby league football."

Cross today expressed his "strong disappointment".

"I was hoping that I may have had another opportunity to challenge the charge laid against me following last weekend's match against Parramatta," he said.

"Now that this opportunity has been denied, its my job to remain focused for my return to football in round 23 against the Sharks."

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well what cross did was disgraceful and it should be left in rugby union where it belongs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)