NRL Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Bookie said:
Dont come to my club loser.

In league news, the Samoan side to play Tonga at cambelltown tonight has 3 Sharks playing/

Hutch Maiava, Phil Leuluai, Cliff Manua. Coach is former Sharks coach Chris Anderson and team manager is Sharks star five-eighth Nigel Vagana
Hey dude.

I was going to ask you last night on MSN ... and in fact, I'll ask you on MSN right now ... because you don't live too far away, so could you perhaps go watch it?

And if so, have a close look at Michael Jennings and Junior Ahio, primarily. If you can, also Ben Roberts, Sam Tagatese, Chris Tuatara, Filinga Filiga, and David Pangai.

It would be awesome if you could do that ... but don't worry if you can't.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Ahhh fuck. Tonga beat Samoa 34-20.

Tonga overcomes Samoa in rugby league
October 7, 2005 - 10:25PM

Wests Tigers coaching duo Royce Simmons and Bryan Hider have continued their golden run when they took Tonga to a bruising International League win over Samoa.

Still recovering from the joint venture sides premiership celebrations, assistant coach Simmons and head trainer Hider watched as the Tongan's raced to a 26-0 half time lead at Campbelltown Stadium before winning 34-20.

"There's actually a bit of Tiger in them," a proud Simmons said after the international, organised by the Australian Rugby League to help the countries prepare for the 2008 World Cup.

"Like the Tigers, they really get stuck in on the training paddock and when they come off the field they like to play a bit of music.

"In some ways its been hard to miss some of the grand final celebrations but I made a commitment and its been an honour to be involved."

While the winner's line up featured NRL stars like Willie Manu, Richard Fa'aoso and Manase Manoukafoa, the key men were a pair of London Broncos.

Centre Tyrone Smith, brother of Wallaby George, scored a brace of tries while halfback Feleti Mateo had the ball on a string for most of the night. Between them they scored 16 of their sides points.

Mateo, who rejoins Parramatta next season after a stint on loan in London, said the fact the Samoan's turned their back on the Tongan war dance before kick off had fired his side up.

"I think the idea is to be the last team to finish and that was us," Mateo said.

"When they did that, it just took things to another level."

The Samoan side, hit by the late withdrawals of Manly pair Steve Matai and Kylie Leuluai, fought back strongly after half time.

Despite the loss, their celebrated coach Chris Anderson said he wanted to stay on until the World Cup.

"Yeah, I've got to have a talk about it but I'm keen," said Anderson, coach of Australia when they lifted the World Cup trophy in 2000.

"There's a lot of good kids available who will be even better by 2008."

The closest the Samoan's got in the second half was 26-10 - a margin that remained for 18 minutes as their vocal supporters cheered them towards what would have been a remarkable come back.

Those hopes were shattered, however, when former Sydney Rooster's lower grader Smith dived over from dummy half with 12 minutes left after a period of sustained Tongan pressure.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
MICHAEL ENNIS HAS BEEN RELEASED FROM THE DRAGONS DUE TO SALARY CAP PRESSURE.

Ennis is gone. Doust is trying to water down rumours that either Thompson or Timmins will be leaving too.

Ennis will be going to either Brisbane or Newcastle according to a girl who speaks to him regularly and knows him well.

What a monumental f*ck up ... this kid has just as much potential as Robbie Farah.

Now what're we gonna do? Either Dean Young will be playing hooker permanently, which vastly reduces his effectiveness; or Aaron Gorrell will play in First Grade (*shudders*); or George Ndaira will come up into First Grade AT LEAST one season too early ...

Problems. Problems. Problems.

Salary Cap ... hmmph. How the hell did the Roosters manage to do it in '02 and '03 when they had 10 internationals in their team?!?

ledzeppelin

HSC
shortygb said:
i wonder how...i cant think of any reason.
As if a Parra fan can talk about salary cap
The Roosters have lost a sh*tload of quality players in the last few years

On Ennis, I think he'll go to the Broncos, as they were after him last season before he signed with the Dragons.
I think Gorrell's left the Dragons too, so that means they will be lacking in the hooker department

Jiga

Covell is shyte, hopefully he wont be in the sharks 1st grade side next year! Kicking wise, hilder did a good job of it, he can take that up. Ennis wouldnt be a bad buy, can kick well, but we already have an abundance of hookers.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
ledzeppelin said:
As if a Parra fan can talk about salary cap
The Roosters have lost a sh*tload of quality players in the last few years

On Ennis, I think he'll go to the Broncos, as they were after him last season before he signed with the Dragons.
I think Gorrell's left the Dragons too, so that means they will be lacking in the hooker department
  • bryan fletcher,
  • brett mullins,
  • andrew lomu,
  • david kidwell,
  • shannon hegarty,
  • justin hodges,
  • dean widders,
  • luke phillips,
  • simon bonetti,
  • brad fittler,
  • peter cusacks,
  • chad robinson,
  • todd payten,
  • todd byrne,
  • luke dorn,
  • ian henderson,
  • Luke Ricketson,
  • Jason Cayless,
  • Chris Walker,
  • Michael Crocker,
  • Brett Firman,
  • Stuart Webb

edit: wrong quote

Last edited:

Bookie

Banned
HSC
COVELL IS THE PEOPLES PLAYER. Hes shit as hell, but we love him.

As for trading, looks like we'll be retaining Dykesy and buying Jye Mullane for some random management fuckup reason. Rumours include Ennis, Thompson and Brett Dallas.

rewster

HSC
Bookie said:
COVELL IS THE PEOPLES PLAYER. Hes shit as hell, but we love him.

As for trading, looks like we'll be retaining Dykesy and buying Jye Mullane for some random management fuckup reason. Rumours include Ennis, Thompson and Brett Dallas.
hell yeah go Covell; he's the people's player but i don't think he's shit. Covell is awesome!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
shortygb said:
2006 premiers? dont get to far ahead of yourself...constip8tedskunk.
do i remember seeing the eels 2005 premiers thread somewhere on this forum? :p

besides, I can dream, cant I? :D

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
it was parramatta eels for premiership 2005, parramatta eels premiers 2005. and yes you can dream, because we all hope its a dream and not going to be a reality...:D

*mel*

Constip8edSkunk said:
do i remember seeing the eels 2005 premiers thread somewhere on this forum? :p

besides, I can dream, cant I? :D
Of course you can dream. I'll dream with you! :) And who knows... our dream just may come true. We have Ashley Harrison now!! The Roosters will be a good looking bunch of winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)