NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M | |< E

HSC
- Every team has a decent coach apart from Parramatta, have you heard that they've lost both their trials to the Sharks and the Warriors

- All these coaches have had time to prepare their teams during the off season much like the Sharks

- Every side is likely to have a few good players, The Sharks have Kimmorley who is a highly rated halfback but the rest of the team isn't as highly rated in their respective positions compared to the rest of the league. You've been comparing them to the likes of the Bulldogs and Saints who have alot of quality in their sides and have proved to be successful. You have also failed to address players from other teams and to say that the Sharks are a strong side on paper compared to every other team without making these comparisons is crazy

- You will need to wait until the season is underway and their is EVIDENCE before you engage everyone into a full-on argument. It's okay to make simple assumptions and give updates on your teams progress but your feeding too much crap to everyone

A minor change to my earlier prediction, I believe Penrith will take a lower position in the top 8 and the Warriors will just miss out.

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Just 25 days to go now until the start of the season...I can't wait for the Bulldogs v Dragons clash in the first round. I'll definitely be at that game.

Jiga

^ I think thats a good summary ^

Just some small points from it, it is true Parra have lost both trials but we beat them with a near full strength side, Warriors beat this side:

Joel Reddy, Ashley Graham, Ben Smith, Luke O’Dwyer, John Williams, Marcus Perenara, Tim Smith, Peter Lewis, Ian Henderson, Paul Stringer, Nathan Cayless (captain), Josh Cordoba, Chris Muckert. Reserves: Brad Wallace, Jack Afamasaga, Blake Green, Justin Tsoulos, Weller Hauraki, Brett Delaney, Aaron Cannings, Brett Anderson.

That is virtually a PL side.

Lastly, I mentioned how Raper has had the off season to prepare not to show that the Sharks have an advdantage over other sides but instead to show how this year, unlike in previous years we will have an ideal lead up to the official competition

M | |< E

HSC
It is true that the Warriors beat a side that was understrength but these players are supposed to be battling for a first grade spot and I would like to hold that against them :)

I'd still like to wait until the season has started before major judgements are made.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
M | |< E said:
I'd still like to wait until the season has started before major judgements are made.
Ditto. I think we should quit this petty arguing for now, and just wait till the start of the season so that it is the performances of our respective teams that do the talking.

Knights_chick

Any Wests Tigers fans here....
I saw John Skandalis at Wentworth Park dogs (greyhound racing for you who don't know what I am talking about) and that guy is not big at all. He isn't tall and isn't that thicker set. No wonder why he gets hammered in the games. He is more like a solid centre than a front rower.

Btw, I was looking at pics from players at training on the NRL website and I tell you what doesn't Clinton Schifcoske (don't have a clue how to spell his last name) look all muscled up and ready to go!?!?! Looking VERY good, lol:)

M | |< E

HSC
Iluvtheknights said:
Btw, I was looking at pics from players at training on the NRL website and I tell you what doesn't Clinton Schifcoske (don't have a clue how to spell his last name) look all muscled up and ready to go!?!?! Looking VERY good, lol:)
Kirk Reynoldson is looking fairly fit, lol, gotta love his style

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Skandalis is gold. His work rate is up there with the top front rowers in the games, he goes hard on the hitups and tackles every game.

Knights_chick

Kirk Reynoldson is looking fairly fit, lol, gotta love his style

He looks weird in Knights clothes, but hey I hope he plays well this year. We need him on his workaholic game for the Knights to be up there.

Copious- Skandalis may do all that work, but he is still small for a front rower.

T

timbk2

anyone know if the Charity Shield match this saturday is gonna be on Channel 9?

Cant wait for the footy to get back on tv.

Btw. What are your predictions for 2005

These are my bold predictions.

1. Bulldogs
2. Roosters
3. Dragons
4. Penrith
5. Warriors
6. Broncos
7. Eels
8. Sharks
9. Cowboys
10. Knights
11. Rabbits
12. West Tigers
13. SeaEagles

matt#1

HSC
N/A
timbk2 said:
anyone know if the Charity Shield match this saturday is gonna be on Channel 9?

Cant wait for the footy to get back on tv.

Btw. What are your predictions for 2005

These are my bold predictions.

1. Bulldogs
2. Roosters
3. Dragons
4. Penrith
5. Warriors
6. Broncos
7. Eels
8. Sharks
9. Cowboys
10. Knights
11. Rabbits
12. West Tigers
13. SeaEagles

Hey Schoolies, here is yet another person who believes that the Sharkies will be a fringe 8 side. :)

Jiga

Once upon a time alot of ppl thought the earth was flat to, didnt mean they were right :) Im guessing the Sharks will finish on the fringe of the top 4

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Schoolies_2004 said:
I think the 2005 Premiership will pan out like this :p
I hope that your prediction about the Roosters is right. :) I can't see Souths finishing the season that high up on the ladder though....and I'm not even going to comment on the Sharkies being minor premiers in 2005.

HSC
Timbk2....Pretty sure the Charity Shield isn't on Channel 9 mate... but I know it's live on Foxtel at 7:30. You should get out to the game! Cannot wait, it's finally coming.

Schoolies_2004.... Well firstly not even going to bother, don't want to embarass you any further and it's really a waste of time.

Interesting ladder you got there.... How did the Rorters end up on 0 points with 2 byes? And even that makes more sense than your Minor Premiers....

BTW... thinking about putting a small amount (maybe 20-50) on Rorters for Wooden Spoon every year until i collect. The way I see it it's only a matter of time before they get busted for cheating. Someone is going to get pissed off and all the brown paper bags in the world won't be able to stop them from revealing the truth.

It might not happen overnight, but it will happen.

Anyone know the odds for Rorters wooden spoon?

P.s. Don't expect too much from Saints this year. Like always we have the potential to be the best, but injuries are still fucking us up. Rumour has it Barrett is out AGAIN or 5 weeks and so is his back up Holdsworth. It's still possible for things to come together during the season (combinations, players staying fit, LUCK) but for some reason it's hard to see things changing. Still hopeful of a top 4 finish (want top 2) and anything can happen once you get to the finals... should have learnt from last year but who knows.

Jiga

Schoolies_2004.... Well firstly not even going to bother, don't want to embarass you any further and it's really a waste of time.
Its called a joke....

Putting money on the Roosters ti get the wooden spoon would be very risky. You would be better off putting all the money you would have put on them for the wooden spoon on them winning the comp this year. Im predicting they will easily take out the Premiership this year, they've bought that many good players on top of the ones they already had they cant possibly lose....unless their retards

Don't expect too much from Saints this year.
No one eva does :uhhuh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jiga

Look at the Cowgirls team to play the sharks in the nxt trial, geez, thats a VERY strong side

Toyota Cowboys
1 Matt Bowen
2 Brenton Bowen
3 Josh Hannay
4 Paul Bowman
5 Matt Sing
6 David Myles
7 Chris Sheppard
8 Paul Rauhihi ©
9 Aaron Payne
10 Shane Tronc
11 Steve Southern
12 Carl Webb
13 Luke O'Donnell
Bench
14 Johnathan Thurston
15 Rod Jensen
16 Leigh McWilliams
17 Justin Smith
18 Mitchell Sargent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)