NRSL entry into Pharmacy (1 Viewer)

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
I am applying for Bachelor of Pharmacy at the University of Sydney as a non-recent school leaver, with my tertiary academic records in consideration.

I wonder if anyone know what the recent cut-offs have been for NRSL entry into B.Pharm course. While I know that they want distinction average and would not take UAI into consideration after one year of study, am not sure if a mark slightly less than GPA of 6.0 woule be competitive or not. The instinct tells me that slightly lower GPA may suffice seeing GPA in the vicinity of 6.0 (converted into NRSL ranking of 96) would often be enough to secure transfer into Law if UAI is above 96. I am sitting just at GPA of 6.0 with 1 HD, 2 D and 1 C after the first semester. The USYD Pharmacy faculty does not seem to publish or otherwise officially release the entry marks for NRSL applications.

Also, when the UAC obtain our academic records from our current university to obtain tertiary entry rank, do we get informed of our particular entry ranking or do they forward our ranks to the university we are applying to without informing us what our tertiary entry rank is? (I am asking this to those who went through transfer process before). It would be nice to know what our rough chance is before the nail-biting day of reckoning in January.

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
So you need to achieve NRSL rank of 96 as a minimum in Pharmacy? That's quite high, even comparable with NRSL rank required for courses such as Law or Commerce (Liberal) that have significantly higher entry standard than Pharmacy if one uses UAI in application.

ZZZZZZ

HSC
or you could try CHarles sturt Uni, they also offer Pharmacy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)