Nrsl ? (1 Viewer)

bobin

just curious.. if i defer my offer for one year at UNSW (which they say i can still do).. and then re-apply for a different course, will my uai be considered as a NRSL?, considering i'm a non-recent school leaver.
I want 2 study law and i've heard the NRSL cut-offs are around 96.xx

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
That's an extremely interesting strategy...

Unfortunately, you're still deemed to be a recent school-leaver if you take a gap year. :)

LazyBoy

HSC
you have be over 21 to be classed as an nrsl (well a 'mature aged student' is the official name)

i think thats right

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
LazyBoy said:
you have be over 21 to be classed as an nrsl (well a 'mature aged student' is the official name)

i think thats right
That's half right, but you're also a non-recent school leaver if you've started tertiary education.

bobin

oh ok
so if i defer then apply for another course... my uai is only taken into account and i'll get in only if my uai is higher than the 2006 uai cut-offs?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
It varies for different courses (remembering its all supply and demand)

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
natstar said:
Are you sure? Cuz when I deferred, and didnt get in to a course that I chose over my deferred one, that had a cutoff 2 points lower than my UAI, and i rang up UAC to ask them why I didnt get in, she said becuase NRSL cutoffs are higher than RSL cutoffs
I am positive. They do fluctuate from year to year, and they can be higher, but more often than not they should be lower

Eg. the NRSL law cutoff at USYD a couple of years ago was 96.x

bobin

so your saying if i defer i will be classified as a NRSL, but dont you have to complete one year of tertiary study to be a NRSL as minai says?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)