NSW Institute of Teachers accreditations (1 Viewer)

funnythat

Clinging to Sanity
HSC
I've been offered a scholarship with the Department of Education and Training for secondary Drama/English teaching (extremely happy) and they asked me to ensure that the university I was going to was accredited by the NSW Institute of Teachers and that the units I picked allowed me to become accredited upon graduation.

I was also accepted to the Uni of Notre Dame with their Early Offer scheme in September and have been told that they are accredited with the NSW Institute of Teachers. However, when I told this to the DET representative, he said that I still needed to ensure my units were in line to be able to teach Drama and English.

I received a letter regarding enrolment in units from Notre Dame, so I figured I had better check out the units/courses to make sure that everything was okay. I'm sure that I can be offered everything I need at Notre Dame, but I have no idea to figure out how. I've just accessed the NSW Institute of Teachers website and am quite clueless.

Can someone please offer some clarity?

Thank you very much in advance :)

knockii

Head spinning too much, can't find my bearings =(
HSC
Firstly, congratulations on the scholarship! :)

The requirements for teaching subject accreditation can be found here. If you're still uncertain of which subjects to enroll in, then I'd suggest you talk to the education faculty at the university, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help ensure that you meet the requirements to become accredited.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)