NSW introduces new standards for student teachers (1 Viewer)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Perhaps if you were teaching maths, sub-par spelling and grammar might not be such a problem considering that your expertise would be lying primarily with mathematics (duh).
o ok den

wen i wuz in hi skool oi hadd sum PE teecherz dat talkd lyk massiv bogans, but uvawize all ma teacherz dun spoak pritty wel n nu haw 2 spel n shit

Does the School of Education or equivalent at your uni mark essays down for poor spelling and grammar? Mine already does so in a sense they already demand a certain competence at the English language. They didn't do that in any of the other Schools/Faculties I've done subjects from.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
o ok den

wen i wuz in hi skool oi hadd sum PE teecherz dat talkd lyk massiv bogans, but uvawize all ma teacherz dun spoak pritty wel n nu haw 2 spel n shit

Does the School of Education or equivalent at your uni mark essays down for poor spelling and grammar? Mine already does so in a sense they already demand a certain competence at the English language. They didn't do that in any of the other Schools/Faculties I've done subjects from.
lol, i did say perhaps...you still have to be able to speak English haha.

I don't know if they do or not, I'd assume they would if it was really atrocious, but then, I'd expect any faculty to do that.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
o ok den

All of my subjects mark down for poor spelling, and English (predictably) reduces marks for poor spelling and grammar. As someone who missed grammar in primary school and picked it up mostly through osmosis, a book reading obsession, and learning a second language.. I'd say it *is* important enough to test, but it also falls to the department to make sure it's actually being taught in the first place, ie at primary school. (Gogo people bumping threads).

As for teaching history between Rome and the Industrial revolution, oh god yes, and can we have that at all universities? :(

Edit: It's not whinging about teaching extra. It's about teaching things that SHOULD NOT HAVE TO BE TAUGHT and especially not by high school teachers. Tolerance, etc etc, is taught by society, and starts at home. It should be enforced everywhere, but politicalcorrectness101 can eat me. I agree that English and History are too politically biased already (and I'm already a leftie, so it *must* be biased)

Last edited:

umop 3pisdn

Banned
HSC
Captin gay said:
This thread is full of budding teachers whinging about having to do something extra. Hey guys, did you realize teaching could be something more than the fucking dotpoints?

What's worse is the attack on the P.C. brigade to divert attention from the crux of the matter.

You gays sicken me.
nfi :rolleyes:

K

katie_tully

Thank fuck, really. I know some people doing teaching (they failed teh HSC man, but that's okay they're fit to teach) and quite frankly, their levels of literacy and numeracy scare me.

There is already an entire generation of teachers more useless than tits on a bull. Remember when they lowered the entry UAI to like, 55? Some unis it was down to the 40s. God knows how many useless fucks I've had, they were lucky if they could spell their own names.

Anyway, Labor is shit. They've fucked NSW. I'd like to see how they dig us out of this crator they've created over the last few years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)