• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Nsw state election : Who will you be voting? (1 Viewer)

your voting?

• Total voters

КГБ

Banned
HSC
Mods, please do not merge this thread. PLZ

Last edited:

zstar

HSC
N/A
I'd prefer to vote an independent or 3rd party candidate.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Assembly
1 Liberal
No preferences

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Anyone who votes labor should be hung out to dry with the rest of them.

zstar

HSC
N/A
Does anyone have a list of who's running?

I would like to see their policies before I go to a voting booth.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I would like to see their policies before I go to a voting booth.
It's quite simple.

Labor is the party for privatization and the liberals are the party to vote for if you want government to own and run utilities.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I think if Obeid and Tripodi are killed in an accident (or leave the party, but death looks the better bet - doubt they will get turfed out) then Labor has a slight chance.

You would like to think the Libs would win in a landslide but its still two years away.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
I prefer to wait and see what policies each party is planning to roll with

except the labor party. I'll bring a lighter so that I can burn their pamphlets at the polls.

Lentern

HSC
I think if Obeid and Tripodi are killed in an accident (or leave the party, but death looks the better bet - doubt they will get turfed out) then Labor has a slight chance.

You would like to think the Libs would win in a landslide but its still two years away.
Long term oppositions have a habit of snatching defeat from the hands of victory. Fatcat O'farrell or indeed a drovers dog could beat Rees or Robertson but somewhere deep within the liberal party exists an incompetent, bubbling idiot who some people think should be leading the party. He might well be called Peter Debnam although I suspect Peter is not in a crowd of his own.

These kind of boofheads get elected to the leadership when a few people decide that the reason the libs keep losing elections is because they need a strong, robust leader who can really lock horns with the premier, not another namby pamby, then there are those who think that in order to win an election you really need to stand for something and that fatcat keeps his cards to close to his chest. A few others might be bitter that fatcat is leading the party, they wanted the job themselves or wanted someone who will give them a better portfolio to lead the party and finally some will think the election is in the bag and think it the perfect opportunity to take a series of radical reforms into an election, they might not ever have such a good chance again.

A combination of these things sees people like Mark Latham contest elections and the longer fatcat has to wait for the election, the closer he is to a Latham challenge.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
O'Farrell looks alright. The Libs opposition as a whole doesn't look particuarly strong - not that they have to be in the key areas - transport, police, education and housing are all basket cases. All they have to do is point out the Government's myriad flaws without even having to raise an alternative.

If they promote Robertson, then that is the end of the line for Labor.

The Libs slogan should really be 'untried - but we cannot do any worse than the incumbent' .

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
i wish for a change in government, and it will be fruitless to vote greens. i therefore am voting liberal.

nsw is a shithole :(

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
1) Greens
2) Democrats (if they still exist by then)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I honestly have no interest in this and do not feel like either party deserves my vote. Sarah Palin ftw.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
1. Greens
2. Liberals
I am contemplating that but nothing about the NSW Liberal party impresses me so far except that they're not NSW Labour, which is like saying you prefer to eat grass because it's not faecal matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)