NSW to dump UAI! New Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) (2 Viewers)

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
just as i began to understand the UAI system too. damn.

i guess SAM is now somewhat meaningless with this new system. although i suppose it would still work if you just looked at your ATAR conversion?

gonna have to be the ATAR calculator now :D
scalaing doesnt change at all does it?

just instead of 100, top x students will get 99.95, etc..

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
i don't know exctly wat their changing, i mean i now the UaI is know 99.95% as the highest, but apart from that is their anyting else their changing?

& does that mean that the uai for the course are scaled down some marks?

amyianson

HSC
y the fuck would they change it now?

now the sign on my wall that says UAI = 95.00 have to be changed to ATAR = 95.40

does this seem fair to you?

Q

quirkyfly

How do I UNSUBSCRIBE from this?! Lol.

I received a couple million emails, and I was quite excited. Until I realised they were continuations of this threas ...

High_Pride

HSC

now the sign on my wall that says UAI = 95.00 have to be changed to ATAR = 95.40

No. It is absolutely so unfair for you to have to change your sign on your wall.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC

no. mine needs to be changed from 98 to 98.10; not fair at all.

Borbor

HSC
how is this ATAR thing bad, i don't understand:confused:

It isn't.

It's essentially a name change, a rebranding, of existing university admission scores in each individual state into one name - ATAR. With the new change, most people's previous UAI have been pushed up in their new ATAR equivalent.

HOWEVER, this has no bearing on university entrance. ie. this change doesn't make it any easier or harder to get into a particular course. It's just a change to the name and the number you get at the end. Your rank is still the same!

Until we have a unified national curriculum, ATARs will, essentially, continue to function as NSW ATARs, VIC ATARs.

Lilyy

HSC
how is this ATAR thing bad, i don't understand:confused:
ATAR isn't "bad", people just hate change. Quote "If it aren't broken, don't fix it".
Idk, I don't see it as a major change that will impact me in a bad way. I think I like the changes, it will be more effective and efficient in the long term. :)

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
soo do the some laws still apply subjects such as 3u math can stilll scale up the UAI?

Lilyy

HSC
soo do the some laws still apply subjects such as 3u math can stilll scale up the UAI?
If you read the information on the UAC website, it states that scaling will stay the same.

"The rules for the ATAR are exactly the same as for the UAI. The scaling process will be the same, the rank order of students will be the same, and the same applicants will be selected for the same courses. Any small change in an ATAR compared to a UAI will see an equivalent change in the course cut-off."

http://www.uac.edu.au/atar/index.shtml Geebees, read this before you ask another hundred questions.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
How do we compare between students state by state anyway? The top students of NSW sure as hell ain't equivalent to the top students from, say, NT.

btw
What the fuck fucking fuck fuck does "Being compared to your year 7 group" mean anyway?

simplyyme

HSC
Re: NSW to dump UAI!

LOL when they told me today i was so shocked. Thought it was a joke at first

the conversation went kinda like this
teacher : " We're not going to have UAi's anymore, we will have ATAR from now on"
me: "Are they dropping the UAI?"
teacher: "Yes"
me: "This year?"
teacher: " yes"
me: "really ?"
teacher: "yes"
me: " errr ok" * looks confused *

i think it's retarded how the highest ranking in ATAR is 99.95, can't they just round it off? looks stupid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)