• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Nuclear Physics HELP! (1 Viewer)

zomfg

HSC
I've got an oral presentation to do on nuclear physics. There's no particular thing you have to talk about, it basically just has to relate to nuclear physics somehow. I'm finding it hard to figure out where to start. I've got absolutely no idea what I want to present. Any suggestions? Anything interesting that you guys would probably like to hear during a 10 minute presentation?

I've already ruled out nuclear bombs and things like that as HEAPS of people are doing their orals on it. So if you've got any awesome ideas they would be kindly appreciated =]

Thanks in advance!

m00

HSC
Nuclear fission reactors??
medical/induistrial applicaiton of nuclear physics??
the strong nuclear force?
i dunno lol

clonestar

Physicist/*******
HSC
N/A
zomfg

Try a mind map

Eg

Nuclear -> fission/fusion -> Theory-> Positive and negatives -> applications-> medicine ->PET imaging/chemo/radiotherapy

I would mainly focus on the positives for humanitarian reasons eg nuclear medicine.

you can also focus on the disasters Chernobyl and three mile island but keep those brief.

Use youtube in your talk if you can
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=101OEaksU0s

best of luck.

zomfg

HSC
Woo! Thanks heaps guys! I've got a pretty decent idea of what to do now, probably gonna hit up the nuclear medicine path.

Yeah, Canberra! We've still got like 6 weeks of schools and have assignments and are just about to hit up midterms.

zomfg

HSC
obimoshman1234 said:
wait so act doesnt have hsc???????
Nup, we do a scaling test instead called the AST. We don't have some huge ass test at the end of year 12. Tests and assignments just accumulate over the two years and then your marks get scaled with the AST.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)