Number Of Texts???? (1 Viewer)

dragonsgirl

HSC
hey i was just wondering how many texts and stuff every1 is using? i am using 2 supplementry texts, 2 out of the immigrant chronical and 1 from the stimulous booklet, is this too much or not? i was orginally only doing 1 of each but then my friend told me to do 2 supp and 2 from immigrant chronical booklet. what do u think?

gemblack88

HSC
i've only got one supplementary text, my prescribed text and one from the stimulus booklet, even though i'm always getting told i should have 2 related, but i just don't think i can write about four texts in enough depth in 40mins, and also they were only asked for one related text last year, so im just sorta hoping... do u think thats too risky? i wonder if you'll lose heaps of marks if they ask for two texts and you only use one....

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
im planning on writing about 2 poems from immigrnat chronicles and having 2 from the stimulus booklet and 2 related prepared and ill just do as much as i can or whatever fits when it comes to the test.. depends how much i feel like remembering come sunday night

yoyoagogo

Destiny 06
HSC
I've prepared two Skrzynecki poems, one from the stimulus booklet and a couple from my own choice, but I doubt whether I'll be able to write in enough detail for five texts in 40 minutes

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
yoyoagogo said:
I've prepared two Skrzynecki poems, one from the stimulus booklet and a couple from my own choice, but I doubt whether I'll be able to write in enough detail for five texts in 40 minutes
yeh i seem to have way to much to say about each text to write in 40 minutes and i cant decide what to take out because i think ill loose marks.

How much is everyone planning to write on each section aswell??

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
dragonsgirl said:
hey i was just wondering how many texts and stuff every1 is using? i am using 2 supplementry texts, 2 out of the immigrant chronical and 1 from the stimulous booklet, is this too much or not? i was orginally only doing 1 of each but then my friend told me to do 2 supp and 2 from immigrant chronical booklet. what do u think?
I do 2 skrzynecki
1 stimulus
1 related n if I have time i'll do another.

brumbypuppy

I do one poem, one stimulus and one related. But be careful, it depends on how thoroughly you do each

dragonsgirl

HSC
well it seems like we r all in the same boat... i don't know whether i will be able to remember each one in detail on the day either. i think i might just make reference to one if i don't get enough time. i don't think they ask for 2 supp anyways, i think it's just 1 of each but it's better if u include 2 apparently?

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
hopefully this will help clear this up:

you will need:
-1 prescribed text
-1 stimulus text
-2 'found' or 'supplementary' texts.

In regards to the supplementary texts: if you feel that you will find it hard to write about 2 supplementary texts, then you can only do one - as long as that suits the question. You will, however, still need to know enough about a second that if they ask for "two other related texts of your own choosing" (as they have done numerous times in the past) you are able to answer the question. there are quite severe penalties for people who do not write about a second text if the questions specifies it as a arequirement.

DeanoGrrrrl

HSC
Please tell me you don't go 4 St. George!KIDDING!
I'm using to of Pete's Poems, 1 BOS, & 2 of my own, but i might only use 1 depending on the question & how many they ask 4.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
There is sticky discussing how many texts you need here :)
Essentially with the AOS questions when they don't specify the no. of materials then you should be gunning to do 2 relateds to the best of your ability, but covering relevant points and making strong arguments with 1 related is better then making little sense with 2 if you are straining for time and end up essentially throwing around the names of your texts. So go for 2 relateds but if you absolutely know that you wont be able to get both in properly(and it hasnt specified the number) then go for 1 related, just make sure its detailed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)