Nursing and Combined Nursing Degrees at Deakin (1 Viewer)

K4

HSC
Hi,

Is there anyone on here studying B Nursing, or Nursing/Commerce or Nursing/Public Health at Deakin? I'm in 1st year nursing at U Newcastle at the moment and am thinking about moving to Vic next year but have no idea what uni to chose! So if anyone has any thoughts or experiences of nursing at Deakin it would be much appreciated! :)

Thanks,
Kristy.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I am doing first year b nursing at burwood this year..

I think deakin is doing nursing/midwifery next year as well

Nursing at deakin has it's pros and cons. The contact hours are really too low imo...

Deakin is supposed to be one of the best unis to go to for nursing...or so i am told

oli666

HSC
N/A
Your right, both Deakin and Latrobe nursing students appear to be pretty highly sought after. I did my first year at Deakin in Law/commerce though before transferring to the ANU because the focus of the law degree was far too commercial at Deakin.
Overall Deakin is a fun time though, make sure you get involved and as for career prospects, let your marks do the talking and employers will listen.

Have fun guys!!!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
You say contact hours are low @ Deakin...I'm a 3rd Year Endorsed EN moving down to Melbourne with my partner next year and was trying to get part time Uni to do my RNs so I would still be able to work...Does Deakin do part time, and was the approx. contact hours/week? Why does Deakin have a good name?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)