Nursing at ACU (1 Viewer)

Mazar97

HSC
Hey guys,
I just wanted to ask you guys think of Bachelor of Nursing at ACU because I’m thinking of doing it next year.

quickoats

HSC
It probably depends on where you live. Not sure if it's worth travelling to North Sydney but if you live on that side of town, it's a good choice.
There are heaps of nursing degrees in Sydney - UTS, WSU, Wollongong, USyd, ACU. Since they're vocational degrees they should all be comparable as they train you for the same job essentially. I'm pretty sure WSU has early clinical exposure (just like their med degree) but if you live up north then there's no reason to travel all the way to Campbelltown for uni when you can do the same thing closer to home. UTS ranks the highest for nursing but rankings are based on their research output rather than teaching quality - a uni can have a really low rank because they don't publish many research papers, rather, they put all their resources into teaching.

Mazar97

HSC
It probably depends on where you live. Not sure if it's worth travelling to North Sydney but if you live on that side of town, it's a good choice.
There are heaps of nursing degrees in Sydney - UTS, WSU, Wollongong, USyd, ACU. Since they're vocational degrees they should all be comparable as they train you for the same job essentially. I'm pretty sure WSU has early clinical exposure (just like their med degree) but if you live up north then there's no reason to travel all the way to Campbelltown for uni when you can do the same thing closer to home. UTS ranks the highest for nursing but rankings are based on their research output rather than teaching quality - a uni can have a really low rank because they don't publish many research papers, rather, they put all their resources into teaching.
ACU are opening up their Blacktown campus next year so it is closer to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)