• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Nursing at CSU in Bathurst (1 Viewer)

goobabanasik

person
HSC
hey guys!!

is anyone planning on doing nursing next yr at bathurst?? im doing the hsc now and i have applied for early entry. if anyone is thinking about going next msg me so we can talk so i wont be lonely next yr lol coz i live in the southern highlands and its a pretty big move for me next yr if i get in and get the UAI fingers crossed

K

katie_tully

Dont worry about friends. O Week is one big orgy of drunk students on their first adventure away from mummy and daddy. You'll make friends ASAP.

Matt Samson

HSC
goobabanasik said:
hey guys!!

is anyone planning on doing nursing next yr at bathurst?? im doing the hsc now and i have applied for early entry. if anyone is thinking about going next msg me so we can talk so i wont be lonely next yr lol coz i live in the southern highlands and its a pretty big move for me next yr if i get in and get the UAI fingers crossed
You'll most likely get a spot in nursing as most universities have trouble filling nursing degrees.

In regards to not knowing anyone..... 85% of the people going to CSU Bathurst/Wagga/Albury etc will be in the same shoes as you.

bigbezza05

Student Paramedic
HSC
katie_tully said:
Dont worry about friends. O Week is one big orgy of drunk students on their first adventure away from mummy and daddy. You'll make friends ASAP.
Very true especially if you gain on campus accomodation. It may be harder if you live downtown ( I believe Matt Samson has discussed that in other topics on this forum).

Im a first year nursing student, so if you have any queries about the course dont hesitate to ask.

Matt Samson

HSC
bigbezza05 said:
Very true especially if you gain on campus accomodation. It may be harder if you live downtown ( I believe Matt Samson has discussed that in other topics on this forum).

Im a first year nursing student, so if you have any queries about the course dont hesitate to ask.
Well CSU is running the OSCA programme this year for those who don't get on-campus accommodation. It will be like the RA programme that the on-campus people have except it will be for the off-campus students (downtowners).

There will be 13 of us who will be dedicated to those students who are unsuccessful at gaining on-campus accommodation from O-Week onwards.

The whole point of the programme will be to break down the invisible line between on-campus students and off-campus students that seems to have developed and existed over the years. It started last year with very limited success but I think this year it will be a lot better (learning from last years mistakes).

bigbezza05

Student Paramedic
HSC
Matt Samson said:
Well CSU is running the OSCA programme this year for those who don't get on-campus accommodation. It will be like the RA programme that the on-campus people have except it will be for the off-campus students (downtowners).

There will be 13 of us who will be dedicated to those students who are unsuccessful at gaining on-campus accommodation from O-Week onwards.

The whole point of the programme will be to break down the invisible line between on-campus students and off-campus students that seems to have developed and existed over the years. It started last year with very limited success but I think this year it will be a lot better (learning from last years mistakes).
Matt I think that is an awesome idea, i've read on the CSU forums about you establishing this program and I hope it is very successful.

Matt Samson

HSC
bigbezza05 said:
Matt I think that is an awesome idea, i've read on the CSU forums about you establishing this program and I hope it is very successful.
Oh I never established it.

Monique Van Toor from Student Services did.

What you have seen from me is criticism over two years. I have been at CSU since 2003 and have seen and experienced what happens.

They did a trial of it last year (I was not involved) with very limited success. But you cant expect things to be 100% first time around. But the lessons from last year will make this year much better.

This year I put my hat in the ring with a few others to try and make things better. We all know what its like to be "off-campus".

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)