Nursing Relationships (1 Viewer)

purplemonkey

HSC
Hey guys...wow this thread is really dead now! :D

Just wondering if any second or third years could help me out... What sort of things do you remember being asked in the Nursing Relationships exam? The tutor says its short answers on case studies but that doesn't really help, I mean all we learn about is how to listen to patients and stuff! Any help much appreciated guys...

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
haha i cant remember much but i remember it being pretty easy. =) in other words, i can offer no help =\ sorry!

purplemonkey

HSC
Lol thanks anyway Shanti :)

They said because we have patho and NR on the same day they are going to take that into consideration...yay!

Have you enjoyed second year? Can you tell me a bit about the placements, I'm really excited we get to go to such a wide range of specialties next year!

HSC
Lol thanks anyway Shanti :)

They said because we have patho and NR on the same day they are going to take that into consideration...yay!

Have you enjoyed second year? Can you tell me a bit about the placements, I'm really excited we get to go to such a wide range of specialties next year!
Just study the stuff u learnt in class, the questions about the types of listening and nonverbal cues and that shit.

Placements in 2nd yr are the same except u do mental health and for childrens nursing u will go either a developmental disability place or a childcare centre, no hosp wards for that subs, as theres not enough placements as 3rd yrs are doing the sub major paeds.

Goodluck guys!

purplemonkey

HSC
Thanks Georgie :)

NR ended up being ok, patho went VERY well :D Hey when you guys did AN: GIT/Ortho did they have a maths portion in the final exam where you had to get at least 8/10? We had that and they said if you failed it you would be repeating the subject :O So it looks like I will probably be doing GIT/Ortho again next year which is a disgrace. Just wondering if you had the same?

Peteage

HSC
Thanks Georgie :)

NR ended up being ok, patho went VERY well :D Hey when you guys did AN: GIT/Ortho did they have a maths portion in the final exam where you had to get at least 8/10? We had that and they said if you failed it you would be repeating the subject :O So it looks like I will probably be doing GIT/Ortho again next year which is a disgrace. Just wondering if you had the same?
I am fairly certain that if you failed the maths section, you only have to resit a maths test in January. From talking to people after the exam, I think a lot of people think they didn't get through the maths. But not me, my year 2 teacher use to call me the math wizz. So dont sweat, practice your long devision and pass the test in January.

purplemonkey

HSC
I am fairly certain that if you failed the maths section, you only have to resit a maths test in January.
Where did you find that out? I was soo good at maths in the workshops but the questions in the exam were hard, I could not find anything similar between the numbers (to divide them by and whatnot). I don't think I failed the maths part, I KNOW I did :( You're lucky you're good at maths...

I am hoping so badly that it is just a re-do of the maths exam. I do not want to do clinical again!

kuringgai

HSC
lazy student, don't study, be careful of failing 2nd year subjects.

purplemonkey

HSC
lazy student, don't study, be careful of failing 2nd year subjects.
Uh I am definitely not lazy. I did study hard for all my exams, and attended half a dozen maths workshops in my own time. The maths questions in the exam were hard for a student like me, who is not naturally good with numbers, even though I studied heaps for it. I have no intention of failing 2nd year, I have quite a knack for Adult Nursing and Patho so there is nothing to worry about. I do better than most of the cohort, so don't make assumptions please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)