Nutrition and dietetics (1 Viewer)

croatto

HSC
Anyone considering this course at uni. I didn't study chemistry at highschool is this going 2 be a major disadvantage.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
as long as you make the effort in chem 1a and 1b you should be fine, but make the effort or youll be in trouble as there are a fair fem chem related subjects

faboloussoya

HSC
yesss i'm considering this course.. can someone give some info/opinion's about the CSU nutrition&dietetic's courses ?

i didnt do chem or mathematics for hsc, only general maths... as someone that struggles already, what chance do i have with bridging courses or picking it up as i go etc..?

i really want to study this course.. & havnt been doin too well this yr... is there any alternative pathways to get in if i dnt get the marks required?

:confused:

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
I couldn't imagine the uni expecting nutrition students to understand advanced calculus. Maybe statistical design & analysis, but not 4 unit type mathematics.
Umm... you have 3 months from when school ends, to university begins, so how about you spend periods of time during the holidays studying from 2 unit mathematics textbooks?

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
csu has bridging courses, also i think you have to do a math subject in first year, could be difficult if you have no math ability

alialiali

HSC
ummmm, dont know bout CSU, but Usyd definately expects you to understand maths, (and 4U at that). I dont know why. Someone who struggles in chem/ and or maths could def not do this course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)