O-week '06; in retrospect: (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Well what did people think of O-week? Liked, loathed, etc?

winicat

HSC
i had bronchitis! YAY!!! ... meant i got to spend the week passed out on my bed lol

i made it to some hall stuff (first year dinner, faculty tour, fire drill, trivia night) and went to the friday lecture on study skills in the MCC

kinda not the best o-week i've had :p

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
My chemistry course was awesome. I was kept busy most nights too.

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
loved it esp the clubbing at nite..tho wouldve been better if it hadnt rained for toga and there was more alcohol for fantasy...

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
it was interesting, to say the least...

I guess I could have gotten involved more with my floor - decorating and stuff, our floor has nothing on fourth south :( my god, they have snowmen and maybe not complained about canberra so much.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
the really hilarious thing is that the floor which went to so much trouble have to tear down half their decorations because they're a fire hazard (cotton balls for snow...)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Well lets see O-week my experience day by day:

Sat, Sun: Multi-cultural festival in Garema place - overall pretty good the circus aspect wasnt for me but the cultural side was great and it was good to see so many people involved.

Mon: Pub Crawl - different feel to last year, I think slightly less people the upside of this being that this time around there were no quees so I didnt end up getting smashed in quattro to avoid them - which is a good thing.

Tuesday: A quiet day for me.

Wednesday:
Market Day - Got roped into helping out a mate on the liberals stall.
Politics in the Pub (union court) - great except for the trots....
Toga party - apparently I got trashed at the Fenner toga party.... I dont remember chunks of that night though...

Thursday: Another fairly quiet night - pool till 3am or so at Fenner.

Friday: Fenner beach party at ICBM, abit so-so, it was funny seeing some of my usually sober Fenner mates trashed though.

Saturday: Out in civic, quiet tired by this point so didnt really enjoy it that much.

Overall: I think I went out abit too much - I was getting pretty tired by the end of the week....

hangerm5

HSC
I enjoyed it for the most part altho I also got sick. I just stuck to College activities. I was going to go to Band Night but i was too sick

sezy_jane

HSC
N/A
*cough* u n me both hannah. *poke* thought i'd say hi, even tho i could go upstairs and bother you.... this is much easier coz i cant be bothered getting out of my pjs to say hey.

...see you at breakfast!

...but back to O week. i had an awesome time. like hannah said we did HEAPS of johns things, so i didn't really get to know the anu community as a whole. we did our own bar crawl, which of course ended with me drinking way too much. but i thought band night was awesome. :) muchos love to paul mac!
all in all, and enjoyable week - too bad all us johns kiddies are now sick.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Ah the marvels of the college cold - introduce 400 people (or more particularly their unprepared imune systems and bugs they're carrying) into close quarters and mix it all up abit with some air-conditioning and huzzah its fun times....

I spent the second half of O-week last year in bed, with a fever enjoying a good old cold sweat....

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
yeah shitloads of us burgies got the cold/cough...

winicat

HSC
many ursies kiddies also seem to have the cough/cold thing goin' on ... thank goodness i'm almost over my stupid bronchitis :)

hangerm5

HSC
Its so like me to have gone to the Health Service before Uni bar (purchased more cough medicine than alcohol). My sister likes to tease me on this point-what ever makes her happy i suppose. It is quite humourous tho, doesnt tie in with the image of O-Week at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)