O-Week (1 Viewer)

simo87

HSC
N/A
What exactly happens in O-Week? Do we get our names called and marked off or is it just go to what you feel like going?

ByrnEsy

HSC
Hmm, no. You dont have to come to the uni at all during o-week it you dont want. That is of course it you want to miss out on all the fun. You dont have to go to any intro lectures, you can even go to the ones that dont apply to your degree, even bring your friends along, nobody minds, unless you made a noise, then you get kicked out.
Its fairly unlikely that your name will ever be called from a roll at uni, ever. Its big peoples world now, no one will be chasing you up for attendance to anything.

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
simo87 said:
What exactly happens in O-Week? Do we get our names called and marked off or is it just go to what you feel like going?
I'm sorry but i lol'd at this one. As byrnsey said, this is big peoples world, at uni its up to you to force yourself to go to class, noone will be breathing down your neck to go to class. Unless of course you have tutes that require attendance to pass the course (but this rarely happens)

Go to O-Week!!!!!!!
It gives you the oppurtunity to meet people before uni starts; lets face it, its easier to embrace new things when you have a few buddies by your side. I'd definetly recommend going to market day and joining a club or two (another great way to meet people)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Go to whatever you want. My advice is to go to as many things as you can and meet lots of people and make new friends. Afterall everyone is in the same boat as you.

On that note if you were on the pubcrawl last night you probably met my mate who was pissed and was introducing himself to anyone who would stay still.....

ByrnEsy

HSC
Whos going to the School Disco tonight? or the Paul Mac concert on thurs?
Any one heard whether or not the Presets are still playing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)