O week (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Or, you could be a nice person. WOW, GENIUS. :p
It's pretty easy to fall into cliques imo. Most of my degree was one big one hehe.

I think the main thing to remember is: don't be a dick *rocket science*

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i was joking about the leeching part.
but having lots of friends is very beneficial.

the main thing i would suggest is to spend more of your energies making friends with people in your course first before diversifying.

i made lots of friends in courses in first year who were in other degrees. turned out we only did one course in common so i never saw them again and had to start from scratch.

if you make friends with people in your degree then you can develop the relationships the whole time and you'll always have friends in your subjects, which makes learning much easier.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Or, you could be a nice person. WOW, GENIUS. :p
It's pretty easy to fall into cliques imo. Most of my degree was one big one hehe.

I think the main thing to remember is: don't be a dick *rocket science*
True. But being 'the nice person' that nobody knows, doesn't convince people to help you.

Students are pretty self-absorbed tbh.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Mmyes but a nice person says 'hi' and makes an effort to start convo :)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Wtfs up with fannys getting stingyer and stingyer towards poor uni students lol. Last year entry free before midnight fridays and saturdays. This year free fridays before 11 and half price before 11 on saturdays. Am i missing something?
They're a nightclub business?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Wtfs up with fannys getting stingyer and stingyer towards poor uni students lol. Last year entry free before midnight fridays and saturdays. This year free fridays before 11 and half price before 11 on saturdays. Am i missing something?
Easy way to fix that problem: don't go there.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
lols uni is on monday, i should really get some pens since i didnt get any from the uni, this thread got my hopes up :(

ZaraKu

HSC
I got a red bag with an old grazia in it... no pens though, and some dude from the politics culb tried to con me into joining, and I got death stares from the Chinese students club... I thought the affordable wine (goon) appreciation society was funny, as was the story of someone going swimming in the Science Way fountain while drunk on Autonomy Day...

ZaraKu

HSC
Maybe something to do with the curfew/lockout maybes?

ZaraKu

HSC
Sitting in Shortland hub now... looking bored and sleep deprived but the can of coke is helping slightly...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I just went and got a can of vanilla coke to help me going. I needed the hit to keep me going till I walk out of this lecture at 1.

ps i love vanilla coke

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
Vanilla coke is the nectar of the gods.

First day of uni really wasn't heaps exciting or anything. do. not. get. the. hype.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)