O-Week (1 Viewer)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i go to usyd but pretty sure i'm going to unsw's o-week. it looks awesome tbh. usyd's o-week website doesn't have anything on it atm but if its anything like last year's, its just going to be a big propaganda event to get people to sign up to the union and if they don't then they will be very bored at o-week because everything is for precious union members.

UNSW o-week website
http://www.oweek.info/

vs

USYD o-week website
http://oweek.com.au/

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
Why don't you go to your own damn O-Week instead of mooching off ours.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
because i dont want to pay $100 a year to become an access member just for O-week

Deathless

HSC
What's at USyd O week? Why do you need to pay? BTW is it compulsary, because if you have to pay, i don't want it

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
haha nawwww... no its not compulsory :p
Usyd o-week is basically just a bunch of club stalls trying to recruit you to join, although you will most likely never go to a group meeting. costs like $10 to join or something, catch is, you have to be an access member to join clubs, and that requires you to fork out $100 a year to the union. Most activities and freebies at usyd o-week are for access members.

imo you're better off crashing unsw's o-week celebrashunz

Deathless

HSC
haha nawwww... no its not compulsory :p
Usyd o-week is basically just a bunch of club stalls trying to recruit you to join, although you will most likely never go to a group meeting. costs like $10 to join or something, catch is, you have to be an access member to join clubs, and that requires you to fork out $100 a year to the union. Most activities and freebies at usyd o-week are for access members.

imo you're better off crashing unsw's o-week celebrashunz
Is that all you do at O-week? :( that's gay

$10 per club + $100 Access fees? wtf

why go to the UNSW o-week if its only clubs? you wouldnt join any UNSW clubs would you?

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
nah the UNSW o-week is different, its more about activities and fun and games and meeting new people. my boyfriend goes to unsw so i'll probably go with him

dude... theyre having a quidditch match!!!! giant water fight! laser skirmish! sif you wouldnt want to go
although you may have to be a UNSW student to do the laser skirmish.. not sure.

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
I feel awkward playing games with people I don't know.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
thats why you take a group of friends and you can all play together

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
although i must say im going to enjoy throwing waterbombs at randoms when their backs are turned

Deathless

HSC
nah the UNSW o-week is different, its more about activities and fun and games and meeting new people. my boyfriend goes to unsw so i'll probably go with him

dude... theyre having a quidditch match!!!! giant water fight! laser skirmish! sif you wouldnt want to go
although you may have to be a UNSW student to do the laser skirmish.. not sure.
Is your bf Omie Jay? Are you a first year student?

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
yes he is, im a second year student, he is fourth year.

Deathless

HSC
Oh, so are there a lot of older uni students at O-week? How does I make random (new) friends at O-week then? :(

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
everyone can go to O-week but id say a great deal of them would be first years, probs the majority. You make friends by talking to people lol. Just because someone isn't a first year doesn't mean you can't befriend them. 3 out of my 4 subjects this semester are 1st year subjects (because im doing a double degree, i get more time to complete my first yr subjects because i have more) so there you go. who knows, I might make friends with a first year student in one of those classes.

Deathless

HSC
everyone can go to O-week but id say a great deal of them would be first years, probs the majority. You make friends by talking to people lol. Just because someone isn't a first year doesn't mean you can't befriend them. 3 out of my 4 subjects this semester are 1st year subjects (because im doing a double degree, i get more time to complete my first yr subjects because i have more) so there you go. who knows, I might make friends with a first year student in one of those classes.
Ah ok.

I am bad at talking to people I don't know though :( Shyness with new people.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
dw if u see a loner, they are 99% likely to be a first year student. just go start up a convo. it'll be easier if u bring some of ur own friends along.

Deathless

HSC
Ok. Worst come to worse, go and talk to Shadowdude about his problems :)

I'm at USyd o-week though. btw, do we just go to one day of o-week or everyday of o-week?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)