Obernewtyn *spoilers* (1 Viewer)

HSC
Does anyone looove Obernewtyn as much as I do? It's cool if you don't like it, but come on guys seriously, it rocks and you need a really good reason for not liking it... Who's your favourite character and who do you think is the destroyer?

Personally, I can't decide on one favourite character.. Rushton and Swallow I just adore, Matthew is a sweetheart, but I have to admit that I'm quite fond of Ariel's character.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Ariel? are you crazy? I'm hanging to see what happens with Matthew, I think hes' probably my favourite. My friend just got me hooked on the obernewtyn books but didn't tell me the series wasn't finished!!! Gah!
Meanwhile if you liked Obernewtyn you'd probably like Robin Hobb - The Assasins Apprentice series too.

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
O.O Obernewtyn ftw! i love Rushton :p waiting till the NEXT book comes out "The Sending" :D The destroyer i think is most likely Ariel.

HSC
Re: Obernewtyn *spoilers* (maybe)

Well I'm not really sure the destroyer is Ariel... I just get the feeling there's going to be a horrible twist. He'll have something to do with it but yeah... Besides they call him the "bringer of destruction" not the "destroyer".. it just seems to be dodging around who the destroyer is..hmm

what do you think?

pman

Banned
HSC
Re: Obernewtyn *spoilers* (maybe)

The destroyer is not ariel, that would be too obvious and make the ending crap!

I'm betting rushton or someone else she reaally likes!

Favourite character is probably the black dog

HSC
I hope it's not Matthew. That would be awful!

And what is with that baby that prevents their 'powers' from working!? It has to come into the main storyline somewhere or else what is its purpose?

Thoughts?

ilikebeeef

HSC
Does anyone looove Obernewtyn as much as I do? It's cool if you don't like it, but come on guys seriously, it rocks and you need a really good reason for not liking it... Who's your favourite character and who do you think is the destroyer?

Personally, I can't decide on one favourite character.. Rushton and Swallow I just adore, Matthew is a sweetheart, but I have to admit that I'm quite fond of Ariel's character.
I love Obernewtyn. :D Although the last time I've read something from that series was when I was like in Year 6 (thought the series ended lol). :\

Rushton is a fricken cool guy.

pman

Banned
HSC
I hope it's not Matthew. That would be awful!

And what is with that baby that prevents their 'powers' from working!? It has to come into the main storyline somewhere or else what is its purpose?

Thoughts?
lidgebaby.....I think It'll just open the way to a new school of powers

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Have you guys actually read beyond Obernewtyn? As in The Farseekers, Ashling, The Keeping Place, the Stone Key?

pman

Banned
HSC
havent read stone key yet, waited to long because of HSC and am now having trouble finding it!

pman

Banned
HSC
I'm interested in whats going to happen to dragon who is obviously the red queen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)