Obsidian working on Aliens RPG, Valve on Aliens FPS (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Valve (of Half-Life fame) is working on an Aliens FPS. That should be interesting.

More interesting is that Obsidian (of Fallout, IWD, PS:T, NWN2, KOTOR2 fame, formerly Black Isle) is working on an Aliens RPG, with slight collaboration with Valve. It's their first unique setting as Obsidian, and they're building their own game engine for it.

You can speculate/post about it at their forums here: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showforum=56

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I loved AVP and AVP2.

True story.

Some_Guy

HSC
Slidey said:
Valve (of Half-Life fame) is working on an Aliens FPS. That should be interesting.

More interesting is that Obsidian (of Fallout, IWD, PS:T, NWN2, KOTOR2 fame, formerly Black Isle) is working on an Aliens RPG, with slight collaboration with Valve. It's their first unique setting as Obsidian, and they're building their own game engine for it.

You can speculate/post about it at their forums here: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showforum=56
As much as i love playing a predator, a pure aliens vs marines FPS would be very awesome if well done. If it's not so good though I will just hold out till AVP3 if it comes (maybe something good will come from that crap movie and they will continue with the games)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Well it's Valve and Obsidian we're talking about here. Valve's had some experience with aliens in Half-Life, so I have a lot of faith they'll pull of a spectacular Aliens FPS. It'll be interesting how Obsidian deals with the horror/survival aspect of Aliens since it'll be a 3rd person RPG. Time will tell, but I trust Obsidian enough from their previous works that they'll pull off something novel.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
'Natural Selection 2' seems like it has potential. shame that the development team isnt that huge or have adequate funding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)