Obtaining ID Cards (1 Viewer)

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Eagles said:
whats the point of a card holder?
Gives you concession prices on things- proof you ARE a student and not some hobo off the street (although the two are remarkably similar).

Use as a library card, don't suppose you can guess for what? :p

Can be programmed with swipe access for your building et cetera.

gman03

HSC
Sometimes you go to campus for lunch and want to get discount on your food, they will scan your barcode. Whilst it is a good idea to have your idea in your hand, it might be inconvienient to hold three things at once: cash, food and card. I like to get out of the queue as quick as possible (to get a seat!) and to reduce my clumsiness I want to hang my id card on my nick (i don't have pocket on my shirts)

Next is to access lab for swipe access. Because of my wallet design it usually takes me 30 sec to take my card out and after 6 weeks of used I can barely recognise my face on the card. My intention to get the card holder is to improve the life span of my card.

Thirdly, I look pro with that.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
gman03 said:
Sometimes you go to campus for lunch and want to get discount on your food, they will scan your barcode. Whilst it is a good idea to have your idea in your hand, it might be inconvienient to hold three things at once: cash, food and card. I like to get out of the queue as quick as possible (to get a seat!) and to reduce my clumsiness I want to hang my id card on my nick (i don't have pocket on my shirts)

haha, I get people tp buy food for me :p

Next is to access lab for swipe access. Because of my wallet design it usually takes me 30 sec to take my card out and after 6 weeks of used I can barely recognise my face on the card. My intention to get the card holder is to improve the life span of my card.

I see, commerce has no special access to restricted areas unless you're in comsoc :( hence, I rarely swipe my card

haha, fair enough. Whatever floats your boat :p
how much was it?

Last edited:

ace

is retired
HSC
I believe Mr. G, paid $3.30 for his sheik card holding necklace apparel. G, you seem to illustrate the many uses of the lanyard, perhaps it’ll become a trend. "Styles by G, Become the G”. hehe

I got a lanyard like a year ago, and never really got used to it (so I don’t use it anymore). I found it made me look more like an employee than a student. However I might rethink its use now, maybe….

Last edited:

MedNez

HSC
N/A
Re: ID Cards available from 16th Jan (old students)

Got my ID card today- the photos are stretched/narrow, but otherwise it's ok. There was noone there when babydoll_ and I turned up, so yeah, go get yours now!

MedNez

HSC
N/A

gman03 said:

Can you take a pic of it please? :d If it looks cool I might get one

gman03

HSC

MedNez said:
Can you take a pic of it please? :d If it looks cool I might get one
I apologise if I made the card-holder thing look so important.. It is not actually but after 2 years of uni I think this gadget should be useful for me in the next 3 years.

The photo is not that impressive.... but here it goes.

Attached :
- an overall look of the card holder
- card holder with just a card on one side (it can hold one card per side)

MedNez

HSC
N/A

gman03 said:
I apologise if I made the card-holder thing look so important.. It is not actually but after 2 years of uni I think this gadget should be useful for me in the next 3 years.

The photo is not that impressive.... but here it goes.

Attached :
- an overall look of the card holder
- card holder with just a card on one side (it can hold one card per side)
Ooh, ta :D

You still have to take the card to swipe it, ja?

gman03

HSC

MedNez said:
Ooh, ta :D

You still have to take the card to swipe it, ja?
Yes, but taking it out + puting it back is much more convinient if you know what i mean (prolly not)

t-i-m-m-y

HSC

That is called a card holder & lanyard. Speaking of ID cards, I still haven't got mine, despite being at uni multiple times during the last month or two.

MedNez

HSC
N/A

gman03 said:
Yes, but taking it out + puting it back is much more convinient if you know what i mean (prolly not)
Yep as opposed to opening wallet, getting out, swiping, trying to get back in, putting in pocket etc, all while holding other things

Lundy

Banned
HSC

I think they look kinda wanky, personally. Usually when I use the labs there'll be someone else going in as well and I just wait til they swipe theirs. Simple. :p

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC

Lundy said:
I think they look kinda wanky, personally. Usually when I use the labs there'll be someone else going in as well and I just wait til they swipe theirs. Simple. :p
lol, cheap ass:p

I'll get my card on monday!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

gman03

HSC

Lundy said:
Congrats for having non-lazy companion.. wish I have one too. :(

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC

just punch a hole in your card and thread a lanyard keyring through it. ta da.

Acid

HSC

I work full-time. Is there any way I can get my ID card done after work hours?

ace

is retired
HSC

Acid said:
I work full-time. Is there any way I can get my ID card done after work hours?
they might be open during a saturday, ring em up

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC

speaking about card holders, some first year guy got his ID card just before I got mine and he ordered 2 of those. I didn't want to lose, so I ordered one as well. Now what will this be used for..

Maybe to pose as a help desk person? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)