Obtaining/Maintaining a good GPA (1 Viewer)

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to know how hard it is maintain a good GPA, such like 6.0?

Sorry, I'm completely new to the whole university thing, and I'm really worried my GPA will drop below 5.0 (because my course requires a minimum of 5.0)

My atar was 93.00 but it was with late cramming and lack of organisation. I don't know, would I be able to maintain a GPA about 5.0?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
^

I try to block out the idea of competition with friends/peers ~ it isn't hard to maintain a GPA of 5.0 and above but then again it depends on your course. =/

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Cramming and lack of organisation... yeah. Good luck.

Uni requires motivation - self-motivation. Cramming might add a few extra marks, you might even be able to cram and do very well, but it's not the best for your stress levels and whatnot.

So you might be able to, but to take the safer but longer option - you're best off finding self-motivation to work consistently throughout the semester.

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
I'm a pretty organised person tbh, but the pressure of Year 12 was too much. yes, i know, compared to uni is nothing but the competitiveness i was dealing with was crazy :(

I'm planning to do medical science

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
There's no pressure at uni. If you don't want to do the work, then no one cares. There's no detentions or disciplinary action if you don't do homework.

So that's why I'm saying motivation is important - because no one is going to tell you to do your work, except yourself.

And there's of course, no competition at uni - unless of course, you make it yourself. Someone challenged me this year and he'll be gunning to get a higher mark than me in Algebra. I won't let that happen. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)