obvious CHEATING in ext 2 english (1 Viewer)

Danoz The Great

HSC
Living in the Mid North Coast, I have heard from some teachers of my school about the high standard of the schools in the Far North. From teachers knowledge passed onto me, Alstonville's HSC english marks are improving every year and I do not think for a second that there was any cheating involved.

Congrats Alstonville :)

shotty007

pwner
HSC
Villa Owns

i go to a private school in Lismore, but live in ALSTONVILLE aka Actionville.

ALSTONVILLE OWNS whether u guys like it or not. Alot, well most of my friends go to aVille High and they are seriously smart and own idiot ignorant city slickers.

i have lived in Sydney for 10 years i know whats its like, i move up here and it is ALOT better up here.

Alstonville does not cheat.
Alstonville OWNS u noobs.

WELL DONE VILLA IM PROUD OF YA!

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Im willing to bet that the board was aware that this was an abnormal number of perfect scores from a single school and thus satisfied themselves that there was no cheating involved before the results went to press. I also doubt that a cohort would be able to achieve seven perfect scores through cheating without it becoming blatantly obvious. In short: these people need to be congratulated, not put down.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I met a few kids from Alstonville High a few years ago, very bright cookies, I don't doubt their ability to get 50/50.

e_m_i_L_y

HSC
i live in alstonville and went to one of the private schools on the FNC. i went to primary school in alstonville and alot of the people form my class went to alst high and i know a few of the others cause they live near me. i dont believe one bit that these guys cheated.

they r good at eng. all u have to do is look at how consitant they were over all 3 english subjects (adv, ext1 and ext2) on the distinguished achievers list.

they are also ranked pretty well in the top schools, which means that they must have good results over all of their subjects.

in the smh there was a list of the top perfoming english schools in the state. about 250 were listed. for the far north coast, 11 schools (out of about 15-20 schools) made the list, with alstonville ranking 21st and 10 other schools including xavier, woodlawn, trinity, lismore high, byron and kadina also making the list.

just goes to show that regional kids are smart too... and pretty good at english.

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
congratulations 'villa haha your "country whooping city arse" effort makes me smile big ones.

and quite obviously, you being the smart little english kidlets you are, can see straight through comments like *read with whiny, high-pitched voice* "but its not fair, our mummies and daddies paid lots of money and theirs didnt so they must have all cheated coz everyone knows that people that dont live in sydney dont have water/electricity/brains".

really, its quite an amusing little tale.

seven 50's - im stoked for you. but then again i woulda been just as stoked if seven people from my school could even be bothered to do ext 2 english (us mid-north-coastians must not jump on the english bandwagon so much). our 3 english "freaks" all got E4s, and my principal was proud as punch with my 49 *waits for accusations of "cheater! cheater!" to start flooding in*.

so wooo 'villa.
wooo natural talent.
wooo north coast.
wooo not paying school fees.
wooo good marks anyway.
peace children xoxoxo

casebash

HSC
You guys are right saying they deserve to be congratulated. Without any convincing evidence, indeed any non-circumstancial evidence at all, of cheating, they deserve it.

casebash

HSC
shotty007 said:
i go to a private school in Lismore, but live in ALSTONVILLE aka Actionville.

ALSTONVILLE OWNS whether u guys like it or not. Alot, well most of my friends go to aVille High and they are seriously smart and own idiot ignorant city slickers.

i have lived in Sydney for 10 years i know whats its like, i move up here and it is ALOT better up here.

Alstonville does not cheat.
Alstonville OWNS u noobs.

WELL DONE VILLA IM PROUD OF YA!
What is this stupidity! Some country people have the opinion that city people think they are stupid, and then ignorantly call the city people stupid making themselves hipocrites.

I doubt people are claiming cheating occured because of it being a country school and they think it country schools are bad. Suppose it was Cumberland (right down the road from James Ruse, the ultimate UAI factory). Would people still accuse them of cheating? YES!

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Speculation that a rural school could not achieve such excellent results is not '"obvious proof of CHEATING" as the idiot thread poster stated.

You could argue that the results are a bit of an anomaly, but there are bound to be anomalies every year, it doesn't necessarily mean foul play has gone on.

King2

HSC
I think its sad that people are making the accusation that people are cheating because of brilliant results which have come from a rural school. They should be praised for their acheivements and not mocked because they have put in the hard yards to get a wonderful result. Its not very often that you see people from a rural school attain these marks and this should be praised even further. As a 15 year old, im disgusted that my fellow members of this website are having doubts and are jealous over people who have attained such wonderful marks. Great work by the people who did achieve such high marks.

Last edited:

cataleptic

HSC
clairebear said:
congratulations 'villa haha your "country whooping city arse" effort makes me smile big ones.

and quite obviously, you being the smart little english kidlets you are, can see straight through comments like *read with whiny, high-pitched voice* "but its not fair, our mummies and daddies paid lots of money and theirs didnt so they must have all cheated coz everyone knows that people that dont live in sydney dont have water/electricity/brains".

seven 50's - im stoked for you. but then again i woulda been just as stoked if seven people from my school could even be bothered to do ext 2 english (us mid-north-coastians must not jump on the english bandwagon so much). our 3 english "freaks" all got E4s, and my principal was proud as punch with my 49 *waits for accusations of "cheater! cheater!" to start flooding in*.

so wooo 'villa.
wooo natural talent.
wooo north coast.
wooo good marks anyway.
peace children xoxoxo
Wee. Yay. Thankyou.

casebash

HSC
For the hundreth time... people would accuse a city school if it got the same results.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
clairebear said:

so wooo 'villa.
wooo natural talent.
wooo north coast.
wooo good marks anyway.
peace children xoxoxo

oh please, don't cry 'people sterrrreotype us soooo much, life is so hard because you city slickers are MEEEEAN' because guess what? the majority of people who live in metropolitan sydney and do reeeeally well in the hsc don't pay exorbitant fees either because they go to *duh duh* selective, GOVERNMENT OWNED schools.

got any more stones to shatter your glass house with, retard?

Abtari

HSC
lizey said:
Furrycatou, how the hell is 'you don't know my teacher' supposed to mean anything? Ooh, I don't know him/her, so the results are so not suspicious anymore.

Odd that nobody has actually denied it yet.
rofl....................

L45er

Booyakasha
HSC
casebash said:
For the hundreth time... people would accuse a city school if it got the same results.
Well why the fuck don't you accuse James Ruse, Baulko, HGHS and other schools in Sydney of cheating idiot. They all get excellent results but because they are known for getting good results its acceptable for them. Just because some kids from a normal old public school in the country went well and whipped a lot of people's arses on here everyone kicks up a stink. They may not have the funding or numbers of all these 'elite' Sydney schools but they obviously have some dedicated students and one hell of a teacher. Grow up and stop whinging...

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
BECAUSE ALL THOSE SCHOOLS ARE SELECTIVE. IE, THEY ARE A DELIBRETELY CHOSEN COHORT.

how hard is that to understand? the students that sit the hsc at schools like ruse and baulko tend to be the best of the best, and furthermore they come from ALL OVER SYDNEY to be there. it was the same at my school and we only rank about 20th these days! it's not like the equivalent % of students at, say, marrickville high went and blitzed the hsc.

that said, i don't particularly think there was cheating going on, how would i know anyway? but try and understand where these people are coming from

casebash

HSC
L45er said:
Well why the fuck don't you accuse James Ruse, Baulko, HGHS and other schools in Sydney of cheating idiot. They all get excellent results but because they are known for getting good results its acceptable for them. Just because some kids from a normal old public school in the country went well and whipped a lot of people's arses on here everyone kicks up a stink. They may not have the funding or numbers of all these 'elite' Sydney schools but they obviously have some dedicated students and one hell of a teacher. Grow up and stop whinging...
I haven't accused anyone of anything yet. I said people would (not the same as saying I would). Anyway, I meant a non-selective city school or lower-ranked selective (say, Normahurst probably would be accused if it got such results). BTW, I feel there is really not need for anyone on this forum to insult each other, even though it is quite amusing.

casebash

HSC
Ok, I admit i called some people stupid, but that does not void my arguement that there is no need for insults.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
casebash said:
James Ruse, is pretty much the best in the state at maths (although Sydney Grammar might contest this).
So much for a school where the internal 10th person gets an internal mark of 96. Hardly exceptional.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
marydh said:
THAT'S INTERESTING. A subject - which has no real checks and balances and no real 'examination' - was astoundingly topped repeatedly by one regional school. Wow, that must be a class full of unique genius minds, magically together and *supervised* by the same teacher. That's what I love about ext. 2: we're all on a level playing field.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...f-top-hsc-spots/2005/12/16/1134703611489.html
Hahahaha, fucking suck it. You're just worse than them at English, and you can't accept it.

I went to a 'rural' high school and got 49/50 last year with minimal effort. I certainly didn't cheat. Anyone with half a brain can get E4 in that subject, and it looks great on resumes, too.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)