odds of the ballot? (1 Viewer)

kato33

HSC
Hi,
I have accepted my early offer and everything for tv prod at wagga next year- and i applied for accomodation but have been told i will be in the ballot and now wont find out until february 4th whether i have an offer of on campus accomodation or not. What are the odds for a firstyear applicant, from outside wagga for getting accomodation on campus in the ballot?
thanks

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
First year applicants always get first preference for accommodation.

So although you have a good chance of getting on campus accommodation this year, you might not get it next year.

There are heaps and heaps and heaps of rental properties in Wagga that are cheap enough for students (I know a few students who live 3 to a house, if you can get some in Estella it's even better).

but yeah, first year students generally have a good chance. As long as you've already paid the $800 for the deposit/fees.

gibberish86

HSC
I thought that you're pretty much guaranteed a spot in on-campus accomm if you're a first year. That's what i thought they said when I had a campus tour.

Does anyone know where is a good place to find good student rentals and share houses in Wagga? I've looked on realestate.com.au and there's a few but is there other places to look? Or will more be advertsied closer to the semester commencing?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
If you've already accepted your offer, or if you've been given a CSU login because you've been granted early entry, you can try the classified forums on MyCSU.

I can give instructions on how to access that if you can't get in. Otherwise (and this may be too late) the message board at the Nosh Pit always has ads for vacancies. If you can't access my CSU yet, I'll have a look for you and post some.

whatsupdoctor

HSC
You got an offer in the Early Round? Congrats! Did you have an interview? They told me during my interview that they'd be offering me a place, but I haven't received an offer yet. I hope they didn't reconsider :( What was your first preference for accommodation? Did you go catered or uncatered? What were your reasonings for choosing your top pref? I'm having a little trouble deciding between the catered places. I'd love to know your reasoning. Again, congrats!

kato33

HSC
yeh i did get an early offer- pretty much based on my phone interview- and my uai, because i am also a non current school leaver ( i finished in 2007)
i got an offer for tv prod-
i put Catered- butler as my first choice, because its cheaper than stewards lol
and then catered stewards then self catered south campus then self catered cottages. I just put them in thqat order for preference and based on recommendation from someone i know who went to CSU wagga.
I hope i get accomodation in the ballot- i misse dout on the early offers of accom

the rmain round offers are in late january- good luck :)

lachlan43

Should've put cottages ahead of South Campus. Just saying. ;)

But most first years who apply do get accommodation. That said, if you're in one of the remote postcodes, you're pretty much shot to the top of the queue.

kato33

HSC
im from sydney so i doubt that counts as a remote poscode? lol

gibberish86

HSC
katie tully said:
If you've already accepted your offer, or if you've been given a CSU login because you've been granted early entry, you can try the classified forums on MyCSU.

I can give instructions on how to access that if you can't get in. Otherwise (and this may be too late) the message board at the Nosh Pit always has ads for vacancies. If you can't access my CSU yet, I'll have a look for you and post some.
I actually just recieved my offer today! Veterinary Science!!

I guess I'll just wait until I get my CSU login and have a look on the site myself. I'd rather not live on campus because I've done the college thing before and I would also like to bring my dog. I think I might be asking a little too much to find accommodation with a dog though...

Matt Samson

HSC
katie tully said:
First year applicants always get first preference for accommodation.
Not always, I know lots of first year students who have not gained on-campus accommodation... this is why there is a "1st year waiting list".

50% of the rooms are reserved for 1st years, and depending on how many first year students apply and to what residence depends on whether they're given a place.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
gibberish86 said:
I actually just recieved my offer today! Veterinary Science!!

I guess I'll just wait until I get my CSU login and have a look on the site myself. I'd rather not live on campus because I've done the college thing before and I would also like to bring my dog. I think I might be asking a little too much to find accommodation with a dog though...
Heaps of accom in Wagga for students.

Some are pet friendly, some aren't. When you get your CSU login, you can check out the Classified forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)