• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

# of criticisms for Gwenny (1 Viewer)

Beats

HSC
ummm.. starting to panic! by criticisms u mean readings (eg romantic, feminist, psychoanalytic), right?

pirate

yup, basically i can memorise atm, two poems (alter ego and prize giving) in the form of a feminist and formalist readings. i thought i had marxist complete until my teacher told me it wasn't the communist revolution, which i learnt from a fellow student but rather the economic underpinnings of a society like that or something, i need help with another criticism

rainonmay

floating around
HSC
i only have two readings for two peoms in detail....
three poems with three readings???? hope the question doesnt specify that.........

rainonmay

floating around
HSC
i'll be using prize giving and glass jar...... the only poems i fully understand...

tennille

HSC
They can only ask for one other reading coz some poems only have one other reading...im doing glass jar, alter ego and the violets (thats if they ask for 3). The chances are that they will ask for 3 poems with 3 other readings or 2 poems with 2 other readings.

Paroissien

HSC
I'll be doing Father and Child (is it possible to just do Barn Owl aim54x?), Prize giving and Glass Jar. I am just hoping to god they don't specifically name a poem, unless it is one I know well

tennille

HSC
Originally posted by Aim54x
i will be using Prize Giving and Alter Ego or Barn Owl, what will u guys be using???/
You can't do just one part of the poem. You have to do nightfall as well.

tennille

HSC
Paroissien, how can you do father and child and still manage to do 3? OMG!!! It's hard enough getting 2 done that doesn't involve father and child.

J

jhakka

I'll be doing The Glass Jar, The Violets and Prize Giving. All easy poems.

I'll have a passing knowledge of the others (nothing too detailed) just in case they specify.

Paroissien

HSC
Tennille said:
Paroissien, how can you do father and child and still manage to do 3? OMG!!! It's hard enough getting 2 done that doesn't involve father and child.
Sorry I should've phrased that better. Those are the three poems I know damn well, so what I should've said is I'll be using two of these (most likely) depending on the question

CrashOveride

HSC
dont we just have to know two in depth? and then the sotyr about can they specifiy or not..has anyone called the helpline and asked, also looking at past HSC's the trend is they always let u pick

tennille

HSC
They might ask you to do 3 poems. They can specify, but chances are they wont.

CrashOveride

HSC
what';s the deeal with this whole, yeah they might, yeah they can...does it say in some docuument somewhere what their powers are etc.

tennille

HSC
Well, i wouldn't have a clue. But all the english teachers told us that they can. fIf you are really willing to find out, go on the Board of Studies website and check if they have any documents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)