% of nationality (1 Viewer)

sl3epyAZN

HSC
UTS, Sydney. UNSW Macquarie etc is mainly packed with asians doing bachelor of commerce, how is UWS like? Is majority like other unis consisting asians or more of Wogs? Or mixed multicultural

sl3epyAZN

HSC
I want to know what i will be expecting, if you don't know is there a need for you to post?

VU-Nit

HSC
outa the 1400 ppl doing business/commerce theres like 200 asians 300 indians the rest i wudnt know

sl3epyAZN

HSC
How is it racist, i just want to compare the difference between this uni compared to the rest. If you have nothing useful to say please refrain yourself from posting!

Lara1986

HSC
I want to know what i will be expecting, if you don't know is there a need for you to post?
Is there any particular reason why you want to know what to "be expecting"? I can understand if you are an international student or something like that and want to feel comfortable by having others around in a similar situation, but if not, it isn't the most relevant question to be asking....

I am curious as this is not a consideration that even slightly entered my mind when starting uni as it was not something that ever became relevant to any decisions i needed to make...

HSC
Better than other unis
Macq: 33%
UNSW: 32%
USyd: 31%
UTS: 35%

beefnoodle

HSC
Almost all the Asian girls I know, especially Chinese and Vietnamese, are studying accounting.
Why is that?

Lara1986

HSC
Almost all the Asian girls I know, especially Chinese and Vietnamese, are studying accounting.
Why is that?
Are they international students or domestic? because I know a lot of students from certain countries do the accounting degree because in the country that they come from the Australian qualifications are very highly regarded, plus uni here is cheaper. So some students come here to save money and to get a 'better' degree to have better job prospects back home.

trickx

HSC
Why is that?
Hopefully, they'll be at least half-decent looking. It would make my first year alittle more bearable.

h3da

HSC
Are they international students or domestic? because I know a lot of students from certain countries do the accounting degree because in the country that they come from the Australian qualifications are very highly regarded, plus uni here is cheaper. So some students come here to save money and to get a 'better' degree to have better job prospects back home.
They apply for unis like UNSW SYDNEY UTS Macquarie etc because it has a better reputation and a better chance for them to apply for residency because they got a better qualification. And plus most oversea students live around the city so they wouldn't travel all the way to Parramatta.

Lara1986

HSC
They apply for unis like UNSW SYDNEY UTS Macquarie etc because it has a better reputation and a better chance for them to apply for residency because they got a better qualification. And plus most oversea students live around the city so they wouldn't travel all the way to Parramatta.
Well, obviously international students don't all apply for unis other than UWS given the large number at UWS :p You just had to be at a business college graduation at some point to see how many people are international students by virtue of the lack of attendance of just about everyone in certain finance/accounting degrees.

Also, being at a different uni doesn't really mean you have a 'better chance' at residency. You just need to have the requisite qualification at a recognised institiution and in these kinds of areas, all the unis you listed as well as UWS provide the necessary qualifications.

But meh, if that's your opinion then no point saying more as you obviously don't agree.

h3da

HSC
Well, obviously international students don't all apply for unis other than UWS given the large number at UWS :p You just had to be at a business college graduation at some point to see how many people are international students by virtue of the lack of attendance of just about everyone in certain finance/accounting degrees.

Also, being at a different uni doesn't really mean you have a 'better chance' at residency. You just need to have the requisite qualification at a recognised institiution and in these kinds of areas, all the unis you listed as well as UWS provide the necessary qualifications.

But meh, if that's your opinion then no point saying more as you obviously don't agree.
The true fact is employers would rather accept UTS,UNSW,Sydney over UWS graduates due to their reputation. Every person i know all say like "UWS is sh*t etc"

Lara1986

HSC
The true fact is employers would rather accept UTS,UNSW,Sydney over UWS graduates due to their reputation. Every person i know all say like "UWS is sh*t etc"
I get what you are saying and whilst there may be some truth to that, a lot of students simply want an Australian qualification. They don't care where from, as long as it is a recognised Australian qualification.

The fact is that a large portion of intermational students don't remain in Australia after they graduate, and a lot don't come here with that aim rather want to return home after they finish. Simply having an Australian qualification, even one from UWS :p is advantage enough for many, hence why there are a large portion of international students in these degrees at UWS.

That was all that I meant :) Not saying anything as to the quality of the UWS degree or employment prospects thereafter, simply raising the fact that just getting an Aussie qualification is why some people come to UWS. Whether they choose it because they can't get in elsewhere or because their country of origin has links with UWS's programs or whatever reason, fact is there are students who choose UWS. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)