of the place of religion in our public schools (1 Viewer)

f(sex)

HSC
so we have a school magazine (yay)

and in each issue (or most issues at least, theres only been like 4) there has been a column (by that i mean page) about the school jesus group.

ok theres nothing wrong with the school jesus group, and theres nothing wrong (or nothing entirely wrong at least) about allowing them to have a page advertising the fun hymns they sing or the book burnings they do

but is it wrong for the magazine editor (who just so happens to be in the school jesus group) to censor the publication of a non-conventional article about judas iscariot?

surely if the magazine claims that a non-conventional article about judas iscariot may offend some fundamentalist christians, will not the regular "0school jesus group" column offend some students too?

"fair or not fair?" is the question. (or more specifically, should a "neutral" publication be biased?)

of course i'm "hypothetically speaking" (but im sure no one's gonna lynch me even if i weren't)

boris

Banned
HSC
There is already a thread on this. I think it deteriorated pretty quickly though.

f(sex)

HSC
damn. does it help that this hypothetical situation really isnt that hypothetical at all?

have fun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)