Offer letter from UAC! (1 Viewer)

celery

HSC
thanks daveisb for your supportive comment. haha, you hve no idea...ive been freaking out around the house & my mums starting to get annoyed with me now=p

yeh ill prob see you around on monday, you mite hear some random girl going to the usyd ppl "i didnt get my UAC offer letter! *pours a bag full of IDs out*" hahaha...anyways...thanks and cya!

daveisb

HSC
Aha no worries, and I know how you feel... i've been so paranoid about all this lately so you aren't alone! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you because that should be quite a sight to see :D

Also, just out of curiosity, what Arts subjects are you doing?

celery

HSC
you see...i dont really understand how this works. but i really want to do Linguistics, Asian studies and Japanese studies. and im not sure about the units of study...and i dont know how many majors i can actually take...and if its diff majors per semster or year..i dont know anything! do u know wat you're doing? btw i have read the websites explaining all this and i still dont understand! man im stupid...

so yeh, wat are you planning to do?

daveisb

HSC
Don't worry, it took me ages to find out what to do and I still don't completely understand it, so you definitely aren't stupid :p. As far as I know, for the Arts component of my course all I needed to do was pick three Arts subjects for each semester. I'm not sure if this is any different to your course, but I don't think it should be. So yeah, as long as there aren't any classes or major overlaps in the courses you've picked you should be fine!

With that said, I think you should definitely ring up the very helpful people at the Usyd helpline and find out the structure of your course, or just consult the handbooks. You should be able to find out the structure of your course in the Arts handbook on about page 242. They're open on weekends and they've helped me heaps with understanding this entire units of study thing.

I hoped that help! As for what i'm doing, I can really touch my law units of study but i'm planning to do Psychology, Sociology and History for Arts.

celery

HSC
yeh i tried calling them today but they're closed or something...i mite try calling again earlier tomorrow, and tell them bout my uac offer letter problem too.

so your doing arts/law? i think the structure would be slightly diff to plain arts then.

thx for your help =)

daveisb

HSC
No worries! I think that as long as you have a general idea of what you want to do you should be okay. There'll be people running around all over the place on Monday to help you decide on your units of study and answer your queries.

gelina

HSC
celery said:
think im the only one who didnt get the UAC offer letter....? hmmmmmm....
I haven't gotten the UAC offer letter, but I did get the USYD enrolment letter. Darn?

Enrolment is on Monday too for B Arts from 2pm - 4pm.

Subjects, majors, etc. choices are rough. I just have a list as I'm not really sure if I can do certain ones in first year.
And REALLY not sure about the major... which sucks.

I'm only in Arts to work hard and transfer into Media & Comm. next year.

celery

HSC
gelina said:
I haven't gotten the UAC offer letter, but I did get the USYD enrolment letter. Darn?

Subjects, majors, etc. choices are rough. I just have a list as I'm not really sure if I can do certain ones in first year.

AH! im not the only one!!!!! but gelina, i think we'll be okay, just do what i'm going to do: print off all the pages where you had accepted the offer online and bring it to the day of enrolment + photo IDs.

and yeh! i just made a rough list of the units of study i wouldnt mind doing...i don't even know if im able to do them.

AND YEH! im trying to transfer to Arts (languages) so i have to work really hard this year too!!

haha!! strange, we seem to have quite abit in common =p

Bob.

HSC
gelina said:

hey you're enrolling when i am, might see you round.

celery

HSC
HEY everyone who didnt get the UAC offer letter! IT IS OKAY! because...
USYD just called me back (at 8:45am and i was still asleep...) and told me that its fine if you havent received the uac offer letter, as long as you have accepted your offer online through UAC and have activated your account at USYD website. Just tell them on enrolment day that you didn't get the letter.

*BIG RELIEF*

so enrolment tomorrow at 11am for me! see you guys around!

daveisb

HSC
Hey, thats great news! Glad it all worked out for you. Cya around.

zeek

HSC
What do you do with the letter if you've already accepted online? :confused:

gelina

HSC
I have some printing to do then...

Thanks for that!

My friend is accompanying me on the day so I won't be alone wondering around aimlessly... I'll have company to do that :)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
zeek said:
What do you do with the letter if you've already accepted online? :confused:
I think you're supposed to bring the slip at the bottom along with you to enrolment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)