Offer Rounds Conflict! (1 Viewer)

DaisyAnh

HSC
hey pplz!

i have some query about uni offers, any help would be greatly appreciated :D:D:D

my delimma:

my first preference is in the main round (unsw bit) but my second is in the preliminary round. (uts bit)>.<

i have to put my second preference as first in order to be considered for the prelimary round course.

i was wondering

(1) if i get an offer in the prelim round for my 2nd preference and accept it,
would i still be considered for main round if i change my preference to unsw bit as first?
or am i stuck with uts and not considered for main round?

(2) if i am considered for main round, does my offer for preliminary round get cancelled?

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
DaisyAnh said:
hey pplz!

i have some query about uni offers, any help would be greatly appreciated :D:D:D

my delimma:

my first preference is in the main round (unsw bit) but my second is in the preliminary round. (uts bit)>.<

i have to put my second preference as first in order to be considered for the prelimary round course.

i was wondering

(1) if i get an offer in the prelim round for my 2nd preference and accept it,
would i still be considered for main round if i change my preference to unsw bit as first?
or am i stuck with uts and not considered for main round?

(2) if i am considered for main round, does my offer for preliminary round get cancelled?

1. Yes, my sister got 2 offers last year (main round and late round). After recieving the late round she accepted the main round. (she just wanted to be offered for 2 courses haha she was already gonna do her first choice)

2. No see my answer for 1.

Ova The hILLS

HSC
would the prelim round be the same?
did your sister had her first preference in main round then changed her preference or did she get her first preference in late round?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
haboozin said:
1. Yes, my sister got 2 offers last year (main round and late round). After recieving the late round she accepted the main round. (she just wanted to be offered for 2 courses haha she was already gonna do her first choice)

2. No see my answer for 1.
Um, are you certain about that? As I was under the impression that Late round cut-offs were determined once they ascertained how many remaining places there were after Preliminary and Main rounds. As in, you have to actually accept your Main round offer if you want that offer, once Late round comes around you can accept something from your Late round but you can't suddenly rewind to your Main round offer.

SweetSeasons

HSC
I thought prelim was mainly for students getting transfers and scholarships, stuff like that.. Main round was for UAI, cause they work out how many ppl they can have after the deadline for preferences is in.

I just got an early round offer.. but i'm transfering.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
If you receive an offer in one round, don't assume that you will receive another offer in a subsequent round. If you don't accept your offer and you don't receive an offer in a subsequent round, you may miss out on being able to study at a tertiary institution in 2006. Accepting an offer does not stop you from being considered in subsequent offer rounds unless it is your first preference. You must accept your offer by the date indicated in your offer material otherwise you may lose your offer.

http://www.uac.edu.au/apply/offers_faq.html

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
After re-reading your post, I'm confued as to whether or not you actually want to go to UNSW or UTS

toheart226

my first preference is uai course but my 2nd preference requires an interview by phone in earli january however i will be overseas then ...so if i dun get my first preference is there a chance i can still get into my 2nd preference?

Last edited by a moderator:

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
just to clarify my post

my sister was offered a scholarship (without applying for any) for having the second highest uai for the FIRST course she applied for. (bachlor of architecture in syd)

so no way they were gonna delete her place.

Then in the late rounds she changed her prefferences so law at UNSW was first and got an offer for that.

she is studying architecture.

DaisyAnh

HSC
does it work the same for preliminary round and main round?

if i get an offer in the prelim round and decide to change my preference for main round, i could still be considered in the main round? rite...?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)