Offers questions?? (1 Viewer)

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
:) Hi Everyone, I was wondering when you recieve your offers in any round (for recent school leavers without extra quilifacation) do universities just look at you UAI and nothing else? I know a few people who got below the cut off and made commerce in both UNSW and UoW without any other quilifacations and still got an offer in the main round, They both did Business studies, did that help them gain the offer? And I know quite a few people who recieved offers from Sydney Uni who had UAI below the cut off? Are there and perminate records they looks at? Just curious. Thanks in advance.;)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Im not sure for business and such degrees, but I know for some courses they look at other stuff, such as fine art, medicine and medical radiation science.

santaslayer

HSC
no shen...
i reckon they got in coz they paid local full fee which buys u an extra 5 pointzzzzzz

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
or maybe the applied for the EAS.

santaslayer

HSC
yea.....that bs thing where u tell them u were severly disadvantaged due to certain circumstances during the course of the hsc...like they had sum learning disability like the one displayed by ed.....lol

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Hasn't this issue already been discussed? I remember people already explaining it. It was because Universities set a UAI cutoff for a particular course, even if the course is not already filled. This way their University looks like it had smarter students and more students in later year are attracted to the University. Then they let people into the University under the cutoff, so that they can fill the course:).

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
well, u cant full fee pay Commerce @ UNSW anyway

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
no shen...
i reckon they got in coz they paid local full fee which buys u an extra 5 pointzzzzzz
:p Na I know someone who got commerce HECS at UNSW who only got a UAI of ~94, I dont think he got ESA cause he came to Australias during priamary years and anyways How was Wollongong erollment? ;)

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
yea.....that bs thing where u tell them u were severly disadvantaged due to certain circumstances during the course of the hsc...like they had sum learning disability like the one displayed by ed.....lol
Yeah I should of applied and said santaslayer was currupting my learning abilites, due to his retardness :D :D :D Being talking to him too much lately:mad: , anyways quite a few of the coures in Sydney uni let you in a few points below the cut off.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Snapwizard
They both did Business studies, did that help them gain the offer?
If they performed particularly well in a related subject, then the university could decide to accept them on that basis - I know USYD does this occasionally.

santaslayer

HSC
yea laz, but neva for the combined law program.....i got a high band 6 in legal studies but i highly doubt they would ever let me into law just coz of that

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I said that the university "could" do it, and that it is only done "occasionally". There are obviously scenarios where it won't apply.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
I said that the university "could" do it, and that it is only done "occasionally". There are obviously scenarios where it won't apply.
Guess it only happens if ur less in 1 or 2 UAI's off:p Which dosnt really apply to me anyways.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i know this person who got a uai of 94.8 or sumthing n made into commerce at usyd just co'z they had the EAS scheme.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by jezzmo
sometimes they let you in if you do well in a related subject.

ie. I didnt make the cut-off into wollongong IT, but they made an offer because i got an ok software design mark.
What was your okay software design mark by the way?:)

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Hahaha Vince got a UAI of 71 and band 4 in IPT and SDD and got an early offer to so Comp course at Wollongong. He didnt even have to do an interview!, Anyways IT is gay, otherwise I wouldnt be trying to get out of it.

santaslayer

HSC
wollongong early offers r based on they're freakin trial results shen......vince is going to ACU now if u're talking about the small gay one...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)