Officeworks interview (1 Viewer)

sohail747

HSC
Has anyone done a group interview for officeworks recently? What was it like?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
It's a group interview of many people which goes a little like this:

- Introduction: Pair up with the person next to you and introduce yourself to them for the next 2-4 mins. They will then ask each individual person to tell the rest of the group about the person they just spoke with. Tip: you could start off by saying: "I had the pleasure of speaking with [name]..." then go on talk about the good stuff of this person.
- Body: They will give each person an image of a customer involved in a particular scenario e.g. buying an item off the shelf or entering the store. It is your job to describe what is happening in the image and what you may do if need be. Tip: Read the customer's facial expressions and understand what is going on. Are they holding two items in their hand? Then they're unsure of what to buy, so you may approach them in this case. Is the person entering the store with no particular facial expression? Then you simply greet him and let him know you'll be here in case he requires assistance.
- Conclusion: You will work in groups of 4-5 to advertise an item given to your group. Think of how to make your advertisement catchy; don't speak in a monotone voice, be energetic, and use a catchphrase that is unique to Officeworks.

Now, this is where you'll know if you have been selected to pass through the next stage of the interview. If they ask for your name when they say "we need to confirm more details with you that were missing with your application" then you've made it to the next and final stage of the interview (which is an individual interview). If you're name isn't called out, then unfortunately you'll be going back home with an unsuccessful job application.

bluebutterfly33

HSC
Extra advice as someone who has gotten a job at office works:
- make sure to be very extroverted but not to the point where it becomes apparent that you are faking it. They are looking for people who genuinely want to be apart of a team environment.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Extra advice as someone who has gotten a job at office works:
- make sure to be very extroverted but not to the point where it becomes apparent that you are faking it. They are looking for people who genuinely want to be apart of a team environment.
I really don't want to say this, but I was being genuinely extroverted and I was still declined of the job. Since I felt so confident with how I went with the interview I asked them why and they replied saying "We loved your energy but unfortunately you just didn't make it", that's all they said. I could've asked them to elaborate why but I was honestly so annoyed that I couldn't think at the time.

bluebutterfly33

HSC
I really don't want to say this, but I was being genuinely extroverted and I was still declined of the job. Since I felt so confident with how I went with the interview I asked them why and they replied saying "We loved your energy but unfortunately you just didn't make it", that's all they said. I could've asked them to elaborate why but I was honestly so annoyed that I couldn't think at the time.
well did you have good availability?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)